how to fit the ic pipe? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how to fit the ic pipe?
Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:13 PM
Sorry for the dumb question and i know this kit is not for an auto but im working on doing it anyways. I have an 03 cav auto, i have the hahn turbo kit and im running the pipe off the turbo but the tranny is RIGHT in the way. Im looking for a way to run the pipe under the car but everything is in the way. Here is a pic... The blue line is 1.75in and the red one is 2.5in. The turbo outlet is right where the blue circle is. ANY help would be great... I cant fit a pipe thru so i was thinking silicone but it crushes itself.

Problem pic

Re: how to fit the ic pipe?
Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:14 PM
Why don't you run the piping around the motor?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:55 PM
well the turbo intake side is pointing down. The pipe has no other way then to go down. the turbo about hits the tranny. I tried to use a 90 that was right off the turbo and it still hit some of the lines... it seems as if any way i try this... the pipes hit somthing. I tried down... it hits a line... I tried a 90 and it hits the tranny. Im thinking of every way to do this but i have no ideas other then buy flex exhaust hose and use about a foot of that and crush a small part of it to fit it in.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:01 PM
Devin M wrote:well the turbo intake side is pointing down. The pipe has no other way then to go down. the turbo about hits the tranny. I tried to use a 90 that was right off the turbo and it still hit some of the lines... it seems as if any way i try this... the pipes hit somthing. I tried down... it hits a line... I tried a 90 and it hits the tranny. Im thinking of every way to do this but i have no ideas other then buy flex exhaust hose and use about a foot of that and crush a small part of it to fit it in.

Damn bro...that really sucks.

Would buying another manifold to make it point up help?

Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:36 PM
tell you the truth, yea it would. But i did not want to spend another 300 on a manifold. The one i have on it now is great. A few more degrees would make it better to work with. But it would be almost the same price to buy a new turbo. I dont know. Im looking at any way i can to make this work, i have never failed at doing somthing that i really put my mind into so i know i am sure i cant find a way its just hurts to think this much lol. THANKS FOR THE HELP THO.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:48 PM
Devin M wrote:tell you the truth, yea it would. But i did not want to spend another 300 on a manifold. The one i have on it now is great. A few more degrees would make it better to work with. But it would be almost the same price to buy a new turbo. I dont know. Im looking at any way i can to make this work, i have never failed at doing somthing that i really put my mind into so i know i am sure i cant find a way its just hurts to think this much lol. THANKS FOR THE HELP THO.

Well bro...$300 to save yourself isn't bad. I mean, I hate spending money twice but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Also, $300 on a new turbo isn't going to happen (for the most part).

Now what I can suggest is that you contact Josh @ CCFab. Tell him you want an ECOTEC Manifold with an flange that fits your Mitsu turbo. He charges reasonably well. He's actually doing mine which is the first ECOTEC manifold he's produced. Here is what it looks like so far: A quick shot of NJHKs manifold.

You can contact him Josh as well: Member Profile.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:00 PM
Yea i think i might have to go that way. i hate to spend more money. I will still think of another way to do this because i dont have to have the car done asap so if i cant think of anything i will have to go that way. And that manifold looks nice. Also i was just looking at a cheap turbo off ebay for like 380 or somthing. But i would rather not.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:03 PM
you can rotate the center section of the turbo dude. i dont know how exactly but i know it can be done.

but in all honesty....this is why you buy parts that fit your car and dont have an explicit notation that they dont work on automatic transmission cars. hate to keep coming back to the same point but thats all it comes down to.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:05 PM
Devin M wrote:Yea i think i might have to go that way. i hate to spend more money. I will still think of another way to do this because i dont have to have the car done asap so if i cant think of anything i will have to go that way. And that manifold looks nice. Also i was just looking at a cheap turbo off ebay for like 380 or somthing. But i would rather not.

Thanks.

Yeah...$380 for a cheap ebay turbo is defenitley not the way to go.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:06 PM
hypsy(the12secondone) wrote:you can rotate the center section of the turbo dude. i dont know how exactly but i know it can be done.

but in all honesty....this is why you buy parts that fit your car and dont have an explicit notation that they dont work on automatic transmission cars. hate to keep coming back to the same point but thats all it comes down to.

Hypsy is right. They put that there to save you your money and headache. I mean, for the amount of money, you could have done a custom setup that fit and saved yourself some cash but that's in the past now...focus on the future...no regrets

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:19 PM
Oh i know that about the whole setup and how its not for an auto. I did not spend much on this kit. It was used for $600 i got most of the kit other then the Intercooler that i had, IC pipes that i knew would not work for an auto and the downpipe. So I did not spend much more then 1200 So for. I Know that the turbo can be spun around and i was thinking of that hypsy. But it still will not work. It does not turn the way i would like it to, lol. It goes the opposite way. Oh well.
Some good news tho... I think i found a way to do this. Buy some hose that is 2in and right off the turbo do a 45deg and then straight for one foot and then another 45deg and that should do it... I just need to buy the silicone bends or radiator hose now...
And sorry for putting a hahn kit on my auto hypsy, i just want to be cool like you lol.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:23 PM
I guess all this hard work will make it that much more worth it if i can get the thing to run, but when it is all done this will be worth it. It would be much easier to buy a kit that is for an auto but i guess i want to do it the hard way. and i did not see any kits for an auto.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:36 PM
Devin M wrote:I guess all this hard work will make it that much more worth it if i can get the thing to run, but when it is all done this will be worth it. It would be much easier to buy a kit that is for an auto but i guess i want to do it the hard way. and i did not see any kits for an auto.

Trust me...it will be worth it. I should be boosted by the end of January.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:42 PM
yea i WANT to be boosted in two weeks... and i dont see any reason why i wont be. But i have that big problem of startup and all the problems that i will run into when i do that... That will will be the hardest part. Im scared of the closed loop and then all the other problems that people are going through. but goodluck to you!
Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:46 PM
Devin M wrote:yea i WANT to be boosted in two weeks... and i dont see any reason why i wont be. But i have that big problem of startup and all the problems that i will run into when i do that... That will will be the hardest part. Im scared of the closed loop and then all the other problems that people are going through. but goodluck to you!

Thank You

BTW: Have you figured out a way for the downpipe to go around your transmission?

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:56 PM
I dont think my downpipe will be much of a problem. I am using the old spot the stock pipe went through. It should be no problem. Why are you havin problems with your downpipe?
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:03 PM
Devin M wrote:I dont think my downpipe will be much of a problem. I am using the old spot the stock pipe went through. It should be no problem. Why are you havin problems with your downpipe?

No I'm not but I heard that it was an issue when people tried to do what you are doing with the Hahn kit.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:06 PM
hypsy(the12secondone) wrote:you can rotate the center section of the turbo dude. i dont know how exactly but i know it can be done.

You have to use a mallett of some sort. And basically BEAT on it until it comes loose enough to rotate. This would include not just beating it in the direction you want to rotate, but beat the 2 sections apart. It's almost like you're going to break the turbo, but you will not break it. It seems like too much and it will not work, but it will.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:16 PM
Quote:

No I'm not but I heard that it was an issue when people tried to do what you are doing with the Hahn kit.

No think that it should be fine. But thanks anyways.

Quote:

You have to use a mallett of some sort. And basically BEAT on it until it comes loose enough to rotate. This would include not just beating it in the direction you want to rotate, but beat the 2 sections apart. It's almost like you're going to break the turbo, but you will not break it. It seems like too much and it will not work, but it will.

The only problem with that is the WG and the turbo can only rotate into two spots. and both do not work. the WG mounts are only for two different positions. I thought about that and its not going to work unless i could make the intake side turn 180 deg and still have the WG mount up but it would not work. Thanks tho.
Monday, January 02, 2006 1:19 AM
Well good luck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search