SAFC 2 question on 2002 2.2 ohv - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SAFC 2 question on 2002 2.2 ohv
Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:22 PM
Can anybody send me directions to wire up the safc and which wires and colors to use on the ecu.....I can not find anything....If anyone could please help.. I have had it forever and i cant get it hooked up

Re: SAFC 2 question on 2002 2.2 ohv
Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:31 PM
got my eye on this as well

Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:02 PM
Ok...here is the 2200 PCM Diagram

98+ 2200 PCM Diagram

Now here is the PDF for the SAFC-2. If you go to the table of contents, it tells you to go to page 41 on the manual for the installation instructions...really on the PDF, you want to go page 45 of 51 on the PDF:

Product Documentation

That tells you the basics of it...basically what color wire is meant for to do X thing. Hopefully that helps you out.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:11 PM
hrrrm, i suck at wiring so im hoping to see a full write up

Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:51 PM
Phlatcav wrote:hrrrm, i suck at wiring so im hoping to see a full write up

There isn't any write ups for the ECOTEC, what makes you think the 2200s are gonna get some play? lol

By the way, Nitrocav, what is your reason of needing an SAFC-2? I'm just curious...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:12 PM
Those two things are all you should need to install it, if you can't get that far, tuning the SAFC is way beyond you skills too

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:34 PM
Shifted wrote:Those two things are all you should need to install it, if you can't get that far, tuning the SAFC is way beyond you skills too

Has nothing to be with way beond my skills, Has to do with me just being curious for others but not caring nuff to take the time and figure it out. I dont own an SAFC 2 and doubt ill spend the money on one but would not mind knowing for the hell of it.

PS, the boost setup looks good but i miss the old look of the car.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:36 PM
Its pretty simple using those two things, follow the wire (like for RPM goes to the pin for RPM, etc), and thats it. You connect the correct SAFC wire to the wire labeled in the PCM diagram.

Thanks, car is getting a new drift kit and a new look this spring.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:47 PM
if your turbo dont waste your time with safc and if you arent and using it for na and you cant understand the directions maybe you should reconsider purchasing more bolt ons. Its 8 wires only one wire is spliced its not rocket science. The map sensor wire from the ecu is the only one you have to cut. power,ground,rpm,knock,etc are all just tapped into. I have it and its not really worth the money. The knock meter is nice and it has a lot of warning settings for monitoring. My experience with this product tells me to buy ms or emanage. Just my 2 cents.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, January 02, 2006 12:36 AM
ive got every 2200 bolt on cheif and a fully built motor, i can understand directions perfictly....dick

Monday, January 02, 2006 2:13 AM
Phlatcav wrote:ive got every 2200 bolt on cheif and a fully built motor, i can understand directions perfictly....dick

Just curious what your definition of fully built is to you cause your prof says otherwise. Plus i wasnt aiming this at you i was aiming this at the creator of the post but your welcome i do have the strange effect on people. And i do like your car its impressive but my statement from before still stands if you cant figure it out on your own for 8 wires your in way over your head. I would expect someone with little experience to whip out their baggy of scotch blocks and just start ruining things.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:57 AM
Respooled2k3 wrote:
Phlatcav wrote:ive got every 2200 bolt on cheif and a fully built motor, i can understand directions perfictly....dick

Just curious what your definition of fully built is to you cause your prof says otherwise.

did i give you proof...???

thats about 50% of my engine build...nuff proof yet or should i round up some witnesses for ya?

And i understand that the statement was not directed at me not that I read back. Nad if you cant figure out 8 wires your in trouble

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:50 PM
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH SWEET .......... NICE proof too ... he didn't cheap out !! WAY TO GO PHLATCAV.....................

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search