Need some help with piping - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some help with piping
Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:22 AM
Ok, the person who is installing my turbo setup has also an turbo ECO as well. He instructed me to get 7 J bends for the intercooler piping and 1 J bend for the downpipe. Now, I'm not sure if these are the right size J bends as far as length and if so is this a good deal or no?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-Mandrel-Bends-J-Bend-for-Turbo-Exhaust-or-Intakes_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8025766912QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ShippingPayment

Please help if you can cause I'm so finishing this setup that I can taste it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Need some help with piping
Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:26 AM
you should get SS for the downpipe... thats my opinion...

everything else is up to him and you..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:27 AM
Oh hell...I knew there was a catch...I thought it said stainless steel

Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:35 AM
Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:42 AM
thats fnie but you prboably want to find one that comes with complers unless your getting it weleded.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:46 AM
Jcavi wrote:thats fnie but you prboably want to find one that comes with complers unless your getting it weleded.

I have already ordered the couplers and reducers and I'll be ordering the t-bolts in a couple days.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 3:20 AM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:
Jcavi wrote:thats fnie but you prboably want to find one that comes with complers unless your getting it weleded.

I have already ordered the couplers and reducers and I'll be ordering the t-bolts in a couple days.

reducers? btw do you sleep I though My 7:00 in the moring was bad

oh and what couplers did you use.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Saturday, December 31, 2005 3:33 AM
Jcavi wrote:
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:

reducers? btw do you sleep I though My 7:00 in the moring was bad

oh and what couplers did you use.

The reducer...connects the turbo to the intercooler piping (2" to 2 1/2").

I ordered the Couplers that are on ATP Turbo.

I'm up from 10:30 pm - 7 am because I work nights.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:12 AM
By the way, I was talking to MINION privately and we are working something out...no one needs to post anything more on this topic. Thanks for the help anyways.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:02 AM
I would try to use very few couplers. More chance of blowing apart. 5 ubends and some straight tubes all welded together with 4 couplers. One at the turbo 2-2.5 and one on each end of the intercooler and a 90 degree coupler at the tb. although this does not allow for that much flex if you have all motor mounts it should not be a problem. i can get you pics of all welded piping just not on the net yet and im at work. ON NEW YEARS EVE! so gay***

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Saturday, December 31, 2005 8:54 AM
Respooled2k3 wrote:I would try to use very few couplers. More chance of blowing apart. 5 ubends and some straight tubes all welded together with 4 couplers. One at the turbo 2-2.5 and one on each end of the intercooler and a 90 degree coupler at the tb. although this does not allow for that much flex if you have all motor mounts it should not be a problem. i can get you pics of all welded piping just not on the net yet and im at work. ON NEW YEARS EVE! so gay***

that's what I've done with my setup. 4 silicone connectors, 2 full pipes. I used 4 U bends, and about 5ft of straight.

Some people have recommended welding a bead around each end of both pipes, so the clamp has something to fall back on incase it wants to blow out.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:46 AM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:By the way, I was talking to MINION privately and we are working something out...no one needs to post anything more on this topic. Thanks for the help anyways.

Don't forget to sport the Spotabee Racing. I've helped you out too. Sucka.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:02 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:By the way, I was talking to MINION privately and we are working something out...no one needs to post anything more on this topic. Thanks for the help anyways.

Don't forget to sport the Spotabee Racing. I've helped you out too. Sucka.

I was talking about the piping situation...not overall. Overall, you've helped me out a great deal as well

Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:04 PM
Let me know about your car's situation. Because you've still got January reserved for the feature profile article.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search