i need help fast eco turbo guys - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i need help fast eco turbo guys
Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:32 PM
what injectors are you guys useing for your 04 + cavaliers????? i bought some ford brown tops injectors and they are 2 short!!!! need help fast

Re: i need help fast eco turbo guys
Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:39 PM
use the spacers with them.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:48 PM
what kind of spacers
Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:02 PM
I will be using Ford Green Tops. They are supposed to be a better fit.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:09 PM
is that what everybody else is useing what size are the green tops
Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:14 PM
im using the saab ones i think they are the same as the green tops........the spacers off the stock injectors

Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:21 PM
T3/T04E wrote:is that what everybody else is useing what size are the green tops

440 CC

Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:22 PM
thats what i am doing and they are still to small... i don't know who yall are useing the green tops when they are the same length
Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:22 PM
They are big injectors but I'll have a standalone (megasquirt) to be able to fine tune what I need.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:24 PM
Quote:

i don't know who yall are useing the green tops when they are the same length

how***
Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:45 PM
i was using saab injectors, but they are really only good for about 12 psi. then i switched to mopar srt-4 stage 3 injectors, but they were too rich, now i am using stock srt-4 injectors. the saabs are a direct swap for the ecos. the srt-4 require splicing USCAR terminals in place of the micro pack terminals (not a big deal if you have the terminal connectors).

Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:54 PM
and they work for the 03+ fuel rail
Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:28 PM
paco loco wrote:i was using saab injectors, but they are really only good for about 12 psi. then i switched to mopar srt-4 stage 3 injectors, but they were too rich, now i am using stock srt-4 injectors. the saabs are a direct swap for the ecos. the srt-4 require splicing USCAR terminals in place of the micro pack terminals (not a big deal if you have the terminal connectors).

you mean the ones Karo sells on his site?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:29 PM
the connectors.. D'OH

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, December 30, 2005 12:12 AM
there is someone else running around here with the saabs in an 03 rail. i thought they would only work with an 02, but apparently someone else is using them with an 03 unmodified (not sure who, but if you search some eco injector threads it could probably be found).

i dont know if karo sells them or not, i have my own sources

Friday, December 30, 2005 1:23 PM
Im using the Ford Red-tops at 5 PSI non intercooled (04 cav)..all the ford colored top bosch style injectors are the same size and should work in the 03+ rails. I saw a earlier post about the saab ones only working in 02 rails and were too short for 03+. Theres a picture on lenth measurment and all. (saab injector compared to the stock 03+ injector)

The fords are slightly shorter then the stock injectors but they will still work. You have to use the top notch on the injector for the metal clip to hold it onto the rail.
Friday, December 30, 2005 2:23 PM
^^^click my sig and you'll find those pictures. i did the research awhile ago and the post has since been archived.

that's why i said someone else apparently used the saabs on the 03+ rails. im not sure who but i remember reading it and think that was interesting.

Friday, December 30, 2005 2:31 PM
paco loco wrote:i was using saab injectors, but they are really only good for about 12 psi. then i switched to mopar srt-4 stage 3 injectors, but they were too rich, now i am using stock srt-4 injectors. the saabs are a direct swap for the ecos. the srt-4 require splicing USCAR terminals in place of the micro pack terminals (not a big deal if you have the terminal connectors).

Do you still have the Saab injectors for sale? If so e-mail me at semfikapp@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Saab Turbo Project... 2006
Friday, December 30, 2005 2:41 PM
email sent; and yes i still do.

Friday, December 30, 2005 2:52 PM
paco loco wrote:there is someone else running around here with the saabs in an 03 rail. i thought they would only work with an 02, but apparently someone else is using them with an 03 unmodified (not sure who, but if you search some eco injector threads it could probably be found).

i dont know if karo sells them or not, i have my own sources

karo sells clips that allow the use of pre 2k injectors on 2k+ cars.. the little black clips that plug into the injector

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, December 30, 2005 5:49 PM
ok so the brown tops should work for a lil bit... guys thanks for all the help ill let you know how it goes and if they work good

Saturday, December 31, 2005 9:45 AM
brown tops (37lb) are also low impedence injector..your car needs high impedence injectors. red tops and green tops (30lb / 42lb) are high impedence. Unless you convert your setup to accept the low impedence injector by using a in-line resistor or however they do it. (Search the forum on that)..
Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:17 PM
i have the saabs on an 03 rail unmodified. pics on my cardomain on liek page 8

Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:26 PM
green tops are the @!#$

I'm either going to get those or RC engineering 550cc

..you will all see why soon =)

Saturday, December 31, 2005 3:37 PM
im running ford green tops on my eco cavy turbo and they fit just fine no vacuum leaks or anything. They are quite nice and i can get nice quick disconnect clips for them for real cheap new so yeah i like em.!!!! oh yeah 8 psi is fun but 12 is better

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search