o2 sensor question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
o2 sensor question
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:28 PM
well.....heres the story lol

im driving along....just messin around with the car.....and it feels slow.....i had just started it up about 20 mins ago.....i drive around for about another 20 mins.....and was gettin on the freeway and floored it.....and it just went...like i had a supercharger! lol.....now i got to thinking that this has only been happening since i put my header on......and since its about 2x farther down the exhaust stream than it is stock.....that maybe its not getting heated up quickly enough.....like its stuck in closed loop mode or whatever it is.....

on a side note....when its in closed loop mode....the computer makes the car run rich.....and it doesnt recieve data, or doesnt use it atleast from the bank 1 o2 sensor until its in open loop mode right?

anyways

so, the after-cat o2 sensor is a heated sensor correct? could i just get another one and use it in my bank 1 spot? or is that a no-no? if not, then how would i go about getting a heated o2 sensor for bank 1?

thanks again guys

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Re: o2 sensor question
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:55 PM
They are both heated in 00+, maybe you have a bad sensor?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 4:45 AM
Shifted wrote:They are both heated in 00+, maybe you have a bad sensor?

NO the one on the header is not heated from the factory on any J. There is another posted in this section in regards to this.
No you could not use another rear O2 sensor, but there is a GTP primary O2 you could use and wire in the heater to heat the sensor up.

Also closed loop is when the car is running off the O2 sensor. Open loop is when the car is running on pre-set settings.

What is happening is the exhaust gases are moving faster (because of the header) and not warming the O2 sensor as quickly. When the car switches to closed loop the sensor is not warmed up and is not giving off a reading and the computer does not know how to handle it.

I read in the other post someone had done some test with there car during warm up. I think they idled the car up to around 3k to help heat the sensor.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:32 AM
the 2200 ohv use a heated o2 starting in 00 i believe

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:16 PM
ehhh, damn....lol

so another one if you will

when i get my wideband kit, will the computer be using that o2 sensor for a/f adjustment? and it is a heated one right?

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:28 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]the 2200 ohv use a heated o2 starting in 00 i believe

nope, still unheated primary O2 sensor for a 2000 2200 OHV

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:02 PM
i know some of the 2200 had a heated o2 sensor

my friend got a motor that had a heated o2 in the manifold

and i didnt mention this in my first post

but both my cavs (972.4 , and 00 2.4) both are cold blooded , first thing in the mornings it kinda boggs tell its warmed up , ive grown to live it , both happen with the stock exhaust , and headers and full exhaust

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search