dyno numbers... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dyno numbers...
Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:15 PM
firstly i was planning on running 18psi... unfortunately my boost controller just wouldnt boost over 10psi today. the dyno operator said we were going to go for a third gear pull so i did not remove my vss, but when it came down to it i had no idea he was already pulling the car in forth gear and hitting limiter at 5300 rpm. by the third run i noticed this and asked for a third gear run he did so but only too find the car jumping off the dyno, so he refused to do it again. he also wouldnt give me a chance to remove the speed limiter.

so here goes 10psi (yes i said just 10) on a 2.4l at 5300 rpm

...bone stock

Re: dyno numbers...
Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:20 PM
FAKE!!! ITS ALL LIES!!!!

j/k...nice numbers man. great to see another member running near 300WHP.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:23 PM

i woke up today to see near 400whp

...bone stock
Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:37 PM
wow nice numbers man.

Can't wait to see an 18psi pull

Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:51 PM
I was there and this is all true. These guys were not cooperating at all. 70 bucs for 5 minutes of dyno time? THat is some Dave your car would have hit 400+ for sure if we had a chance to tweek it a bit. No 110 octane was used and the boost would NOT go past 10psi. I will not reccomend this shop to anyone.

01 Z24 Turbo MMMM YUMMY
Saturday, November 19, 2005 5:57 PM
That sucks that those guys were being assclowns. Go to a place that knows how to actually operate it and get the real numbers.....

Oh, and BTW, I wish your reg was complete so I can see your parts list for my own benefit. And also....

"Engine:

built and boosted. and every supporting mod you can think of
Future:

finished and currently for sale "

How much, lol.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 6:10 PM
dave has the best of everything on the bottom end. . But thats all I can reveal without his graces. I dont think he wants anyone to know exactly what he is using. Half of these azz clowns do not deserve to know in the first place. Nitro you are cool and I respect your post. Maybe hit him up on aim .

01 Z24 Turbo MMMM YUMMY
Saturday, November 19, 2005 6:43 PM
will do, thanks.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:07 PM
Dude, whats with the 5300 rpm limit...?? I'll bet by you're making 300 by peak hp, which you didn't seem to hit.. torque isn't falling off very fast either.. Looks like 18psi will be insane.. with those numbers right there you have nothing to prove.. great job, although I knew this was coming eventually

Saturday, November 19, 2005 10:22 PM
damn....... I hate dickhead shops....... my machine shop is starting to piss me off........

but anyway........ awsome numbers....... and fill out the registry

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:53 AM
luke, brian, excid, nitro the four guys who've been around long enough, and know everything there is on boosted j's... i thank you for posting. i was hesitate to keep posting on this board but u guys make it worth it.

anyhow i have nothing against listing mods, but i just rather not put it in the registry.

here are some of the main power specs... the ones i remember anyhow

mike karas USED venolia 8.5:1 pistons (the ones he dynoed ~411whp, i guess he spun a rod bearing ~3000 miles on that build)
eagle h-beams
arp this and that
some crank work, nothing special (better oil efficiency)
stock head (i cracked the ported one with valve train work)
sce copper headgasket

turbonetics 60trim turbo... (.6/.63 ar)
externally gated (helps a lot with the dinky exhaust)
no cats, resonators etc 2.5" exhaust

and all the supporting mods you can think of.

...bone stock

Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:06 PM
It sucks that they were not cooperating with you but atleast you got that thing running good on those 550 injectors/
Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:22 PM
What EMS are you using? I'm having troubles with my DTA and I'm wondering if you could help me out.

I need a new sig... with this pic: http://www.aznkid.com/cavalier/cav04s.jpg
Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:51 PM
ems, dta? i'm a bit confused

...bone stock
Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:53 PM
not that it matters but the afr for those runs at 10psi is around 10.5-11:1. the car LOVES to run that rich. any leaner i seem to lose power.

...bone stock
Sunday, November 20, 2005 5:01 PM
damn nice #'s.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 6:52 PM
Wow, that kind of power on a stock head at 10 psi is great. I'd have to assume you have a bigger tb and probably the HO manifold to help out too. It's guys like you, Tony (CNFX vbs), and Rich (Exterminator) and can't forget Phil (QBE) that make me want to go turbo. I'm saving my pennies now..........But I'm still gonna spray it too, lol.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:20 PM
theres no real intake work done. stock tb and intake manifold (in my own right, i feel it is better suited for boost when compared to the ho manifold)

i'm pretty sure i turn those large numbers on big boost for three reasons... big turbo, very low back pressure, and a fatty front mount

...bone stock
Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:32 PM
Its the pimp juice..

Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:33 PM
Impressive numbers none the less. What were you using for management and how is it working for you?

z24 aint afraid of no ecotec
Monday, November 21, 2005 8:52 AM
the 550cc injectors are pretty harsh to control... that said i can pull 'some' fuel under partial throttle with the e-manange, enough to run pretty smooth. under full throttle the emanage can only pull so much, which is why i need the afpr to lower the base pressure a bit.

its works. but it isn't ideal. honestly if i had the time and patience (and money) i would go with some standalone fuel management, or at least the megasquirt.

...bone stock

Monday, November 21, 2005 9:30 AM
have you done nehting to the drive train bc i know that much power on an isuzu tranny hurts. nice number though! ill be there but hopefully higher soon!!!
Monday, November 21, 2005 12:25 PM
Maybe i'm the only one but something doesn't add up to me. There is no reason this motor should be making any more hp than a stock 2.4 with the same turbo kit would, if anything it should make less.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, November 21, 2005 2:15 PM
Excidium wrote:Its the pimp juice..

Aww, yea!

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:42 PM
Skillz I hear ya and you would think so with a 8.5 to 1 compression ratio . And thats what I thought too. But it really did lay down what it said and had alot more in it. It was not even taken to redline. lol car is simply amazing I must say. and I have videos to show also one i get off my lazy ass and upload them.

01 Z24 Turbo MMMM YUMMY
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search