AFPR and gm s/c......recommend one and what psi? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AFPR and gm s/c......recommend one and what psi?
Friday, November 18, 2005 12:44 PM
hey guys im going to order a AFPR attempting to help my stall out problem as most gm s/c guys with the reflash are seeing. whats a good link to get a adjustable one for my 2000 2.4 and what are you guys running in your gm s/c 2.4's as far as how much preasure? thanks

Re: AFPR and gm s/c......recommend one and what ps
Friday, November 18, 2005 1:06 PM
I thought the reflash tuned the 310cc S/C injectors, also?

If not, Accel makes AFPR's that fit our fuel rail and look like stock. They have an allen-head screw on the top to adjust base fuel pressure. Part number is in my registry. There's another one that tunes your base fuel pressure down to 25psi unstead of 30psi, but if you're running the 310cc S/C injectors, you should be fine. I'm running 360cc injectors and they work just like stock. And I have the one listed in my registry that only tunes down to 30psi. So since you'd have smaller injectors, you wouldn't need to tune down your pressure as much as I did.

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:15 PM
out of curiousity, why dont u try something outrageous and gap your plugs at 45 or 50? i know i have mine at 45 (the s/c plugs) and didn't have a problem with them, but as i see more and more people switch out the plugs and gap small to like 30, im thinking that its not really helping anything, just band aiding......

just a thought for a fellow s/c'd.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, November 18, 2005 1:55 PM
ive got ngk's gapped at 35

i had my pressure at 65 but it was still some what lean

im going to be putting in larger injectors and droping the fuel pressure to see if that will help out some

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:56 PM
well mines gapped at 40 right now because im running nitrous, when they were at 50 (what gm s/c needs) i had a misfire.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search