A company revamp SSAUTOCHROME - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A company revamp SSAUTOCHROME
Friday, November 18, 2005 12:44 PM
Ok I spent the 4months lokking for a decent turbo so I have read all the reports and I know what people think about ss autochrome. buuuuuutt companys always have the oppertunity to clean up there act ie maxuim boost. (I was always for them)

any way, I was looking at the HMT site and came across this an sutochrome turbo

and as soon as I saw this I thought hahhaah take that stupid honda. but for @!#$s I kept reading on. the guy dissasambled the housings and sure enough it was mint.(direct quote) so this makes me wonder has auto chrome cleand up there act becuase if they have this would be great for the turbo community.

for those that done know auto chrome was selling turbos that were glued together at the seam. 3 or so miles and BANG. good by turbo.

I just figured I keep my home updated.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "

Re: A company revamp SSAUTOCHROME
Friday, November 18, 2005 1:00 PM
That's what I've heard as well--they've turned their business around.

I don't know about you, but I don't wanna be one that gets a crappy turbo. Lol.

I was looking at the place that rebuilt my turbo (Blaast Performance, Inc.) and they rebuild the XSPower, ZY, SSAutoChrome, and other Garrett knock-offs with all new Garrett internals and claim that they work just fine.

http://www.blaastperformance.com/index.php?p=asianrebuild

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:02 PM
I bought 2 turboes from them that both blew up after 5 miles....and never got any money back from them. Email never returned or anything.

Friday, November 18, 2005 2:11 PM
I had a turbo over a year ago from them that had issues. They replaced it without any problem and the new one works perfect.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Friday, November 18, 2005 3:51 PM
I know of SS autochrome ....

my buddy had a v6 tiburon with there s.s. headers.... claimed 30 whp from them .... he got like roughly 25................ and they held up GREAT.............. we were very impressed..... it's good to see they cleaned up there act.....

I hear that there manifold still will crack....

thats the word on the DSM forums for there tubular headers for the 4G63's.......

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Friday, November 18, 2005 4:50 PM
Thats where I will buy headers for my tibby, around the tiburon world there products are the best bang for the buck because everything for this car is expensive. But with how many problems other people have had with their turbos I wouldn't trust them. think, if a chuck of metal came flying out of the turbo and into the oil pan were it is cycled threw the engine, it wouldn't be good

View my MySpace
Friday, November 18, 2005 8:52 PM
firebug wrote:Thats where I will buy headers for my tibby, around the tiburon world there products are the best bang for the buck because everything for this car is expensive. But with how many problems other people have had with their turbos I wouldn't trust them. think, if a chuck of metal came flying out of the turbo and into the oil pan were it is cycled threw the engine, it wouldn't be good

You really have to look at what time the purchase was made it looks like they have turned it around now. so I say good for them.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:24 AM
i've heard good and bad, but I'll stay away just because of what Jay went threw.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:12 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:i've heard good and bad, but I'll stay away just because of what Jay went threw.....

True, but apparently they have a new line of products and are trying to change their reputation for the better. I'm gonna give them a chance. My friend is currently testing a few turbos and wastegates that were sent to him for testing.

z24 aint afraid of no ecotec
Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:16 AM
Wonder if they would do anything for me now that they have changed...i still have 2 turboes that are paper weights sitting in my garage...

Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:26 AM
Just for the people that dont know they sell turbos for the 250 300 dollar range although they may not be the cheapest on there the only turbos that are cheaper are the ones that have been stripped from the junkyard. If this is tru and these turbos are finnaly what they say they are than this could be great news for the turbo comminty.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:49 AM
I'll never ever buy anything but Garrett.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, November 19, 2005 1:09 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:I'll never ever buy anything but Garrett.

I hear that LOUD AND CLEAR !!!

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Saturday, November 19, 2005 1:56 PM
^^^^^Why?.... I've used both Turbonetics and HKS turbos that I have found to be no better or worse than garretts.

Cardomain|Myspace

Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:19 PM
yea don't be so biased

z24 aint afraid of no ecotec
Saturday, November 19, 2005 4:39 PM
I have an XS power (ssautochrome) turbo that i got new in july. It works great. (knock on wood) Even withstood running without oil. Too bad my engine didn't.
Don't ever do regular hoses on an oil relocation kit.
Oh well-rebuild.
Very happy w/ the turbo
Saturday, November 19, 2005 6:35 PM
I have already had my garrett for about a year now. I bought it from cheapturbo.com though, it cost a little more. but I haven't had a problem with it at all, considering it has been laying on my floor sence the day I got it, its been a good conversation peice though.

View my MySpace
Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:17 AM
I have had my first experience with my ssautochrome turbo in my first kit. Now this new kit will have the same xspower turbo and a 38mm wastegate they offer and a turbo xs bov. All for 380. So if it does go ill just get a new one. But i had my other turbo in my car for 6 months and i beat the piss out of it. Blowing off a coupler and leaving it for like 3 days letting the turbo spool up as fast as it would go. Very minimal play in the bearings when i sold the kit. But yeah if you want longevity buy something reputable. But if your on a budget and turbo wg and bov for 380 you cant beat that.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:03 AM
did you get the dump tube from ssautochrome??

View my MySpace
Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:17 PM
I got their external wastegate and it works fine they also carry different springs to stay within the bounderies of ur psi levels. I frequently dissasemble it to check the diaphram inside. Also thier springs are exactly equal to what my boost guage reads. As far as their turbos Ive heard bad things and im sure they hear it to and hopefully they will revise their cases if they havent done so already.
Sunday, November 20, 2005 1:17 PM
firebug wrote:did you get the dump tube from ssautochrome??

Yeah i got all that in the package deal that i got. Comes with an elbow for the wastegate and the 35/38mm dump tube. Its a good deal i think. Hopefully this turbo will last at least a year.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Sunday, November 20, 2005 1:36 PM
HOLY CRAP! This company is pissing me off. They said to me that if i sent them photos of my install they would pay me 400 dollars. I sent them photos and suddenly they dont know what im talking about and i dont get my money. After reading this post i figured i would go check out the site. Sons of monkey's are using my photos with my copy right logo on them. I sent them a not so friendly email.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:45 PM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:^^^^^Why?.... I've used both Turbonetics and HKS turbos that I have found to be no better or worse than garretts.

HKS is overpriced IMO. I get better deals on Garretts than I would HKS or Turbonetics, and if I wanted ball bearing, I could get one from Garrett for basically 1/2 the price of HKS

Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:40 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:^^^^^Why?.... I've used both Turbonetics and HKS turbos that I have found to be no better or worse than garretts.

HKS is overpriced IMO. I get better deals on Garretts than I would HKS or Turbonetics, and if I wanted ball bearing, I could get one from Garrett for basically 1/2 the price of HKS

AGAIN.... I hear that LOUD and clear..... good call sportabee... I'm a Garrett man forever..... Not saying HKS or Turbonetics aren't great ... just over priced.....

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Monday, November 21, 2005 7:07 AM
I've also found HKS and turbonetics to be a great choice for the HIGH HP drag racer, not the mild (yes 300 hp is mild) boosted four cylinder.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search