welding a turbo manifold - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
welding a turbo manifold
Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:29 AM
ok i'm bout to buy a turbo manifol for a real good price . it is a manifold from caviliar connection but the only problem is it has 2 cracks. on the collector tubes. the guy said it was stainless steel . can that be replaced by a exaust shop ? or do i need to find someone else?

Re: welding a turbo manifold
Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:43 AM
This will be moved to the boost forum I'm sure of it. But any way sure you can get it welded but it will weaken the surrounding area and make it pron to cracking elsewhere.
If it were me I'd pass. Don't forget a turbo manifold tends to get a little hot and it holding the weight of the turbo so thats a lot of strain for something thats been re-welded.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:01 AM
ok thanks. i think i will just wait and save up for the j tuners kit that way i have everything . i was kinda iffy on re welding a turbo manifold.
Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:22 AM
well i just got off the phone with a local performance shop that specialize in custo turbo setups. he said that since the manifold is stainless steal he could fix it with a pretty good price. and brace it so it won't break again . i'm gonna go ahead and get it .
Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:29 PM
get it, fix it, then have it ceramic coated and it will never crack again.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:06 PM
Hell, I'd reweld it for you for nothing if you pay for shipping. And it will NEVER break again.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:02 PM
no thanks nitro. i have someone local i'm going too . i just need to find a place to do a ceramic coat on it . but i will go ahead and buy it tommorow.
Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:22 PM
make sure he pre-heats it
make sure he gas purges it
and make sure he post heat-treats it.

If he does it right, it wont crack. trust me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search