From out of the shadows..... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
From out of the shadows.....
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:29 AM
So i've been hanging around the org. for a while now. I mostly just read the post and see what others are doing and the progress on there cars and get a good laugh out of all the flaming and arguments. So maybe its time a take a more proactive role.... I'll start with the long awaited secret i've been keeping to myself and well its time to share because the excitment if overwhelming. So now the good part....lol. Im currently in iraq right now and well im making some extra money and just HAD to spend it on something. So i figured why not my car. So anyway i bought the hahnracecraft stage 2 kit a while back and its been hanging out on the porch waiting for more. Today i ordered the port fueler system and the greddy profec boost controller. I've also got eagle connecting rods. Its going off dec 5 to get tuned and set up. Im hoping that its done and ready when i get back from iraq! Im shooting for mid 20 psi lvl's . Of course not all the time, maybe run around 10-13 psi around and just have the mid 20's to call on if need be. Well there it is...and here i am, the next 11 sec j body....thanks to bill for giving me a goal to shoot for and the parts to get me there!!!! Once my car goes off to the shop for tuning i'll make sure to post dyno charts and lots of pictures of the install.

Josh

Re: From out of the shadows.....
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:44 AM
I hope u plan on putting in some forged piston heads as well, the eagle rods will be fine, but the stock piston heads...you'll probably either fry the rings or burn/brake the piston head just from all the force inside the chambers. IDK how tough the stock heads are, just a thought on the extra precautions. Also, good luck with the car and kick some ass over there my man!

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:00 AM
ahhh point taken! off to order some pistons....i knew i was forgetting something.

And dont worry about the kicking some rear over here...its all taken care of if you ever hear of 3-7 cav in the news...thats the unit im with.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:47 AM
Head steads would save the headgasket too.

O noes!
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:56 AM
While your at it, get the head reworked and some cams, fuel pump,etc... and show everyone up. Meaning, the Hahn team is still running mostly a stock motor just upgraded turbo and fuel system. Take it one step farther and build the head...should give you the extra ponies to muster some better times!

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:23 PM
Yep so the pistons are a go for sure, and the head and cams is a good idea, i'll look into it more, but im curious as to how much boost i'd really be able to run with just the rods upgraded. And yes i did a search and the only thing i turned up piston wise was mantapart any other good places to get them?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:46 PM
what motor are you running? that will determin where you can get your pistons. if you get precise measurment of ur pistons skirts, and pin size I THINK you should be able to run what ever you find close to them. We through some chrystler ones into a friend grand am awhile back, at first we had some clearance problems with the skirt of the pistons and the crank, sent them off to the shop and they came back problem free its been running around for about 7,000 miles, so far no problems.

96 Camaro A4 383 12.5:1, E85, Full suspension, Nitrous outlet plate kit, hooker headers and catback, 3800 circle D converter.

2002 Silverado LQ4 6.0 CAI, Long tube headers, 4" exhaust

1996 s10- 97 ECU and wiring, soon to be boosted daily driver.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:21 PM
Ahhh i guess i never really did say what car i have.. So yeah anyway i have a 2004 cavalier, Ecotec of course. And from the way it looks right now i'll be running boost for a little bit before the pistons go in. I wont over do the amount of boost i run, it would be a pitty to ruin something this early in the game, but im now looking into finding a good head and set of cams. I ordered my rods from lmpeformance, they shipped ok after they finally processed the order, so i might see about there head and cams kit they have.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:31 PM
02turbo wrote:While your at it, get the head reworked and some cams, fuel pump,etc... and show everyone up. Meaning, the Hahn team is still running mostly a stock motor just upgraded turbo and fuel system. Take it one step farther and build the head...should give you the extra ponies to muster some better times!

not true any more there around the 400 mark with more then the stock motor. the have rods and a few other upgrades but they only do what they have to

BTW my 2 cents JBP theyl build your motor for you.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search