What is Map Unit(Black Box) Turbo? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is Map Unit(Black Box) Turbo?
Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:10 PM
I was wondering if anybody new what a Map Unit(Black Box) is that you need for a turbo? I am putting together my own turbo, and everything is going well, but this is the only thing that I am lost for words for. I plan to only run 8psi. And also, if anyone has any pictures of the Black Box, and pictures of there turbo setup please post so I can get idea of how it looks also.

Thanks

Re: What is Map Unit(Black Box) Turbo?
Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:22 PM
Are you talking about the map sensor? its right in front of the expansion box on the 2.4 if you need the part # for the GM Map Sensor it is GM PART # 9350899......... GM LIST: $240.16/OUR PRICE: $120.08 on gmpartsdirect.com

hope that helps but I am not totaly positive on what you are asking

Thanx Charles
Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:38 PM
Thanks for a quick response Charles, but I think that is it. I have a 2.2L engine. And I was wondering if an upgraded Map Sensor was needed to run on the turbo, if so where do I get the upgrade version to run for my turbo?

thanks
Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:20 PM
you dont need an updated 3-5 bar map sensor as your computer is not trained to understand boost in relovation to boost, spark and fuel curvs. All you need to do is "bleed" off boost with a series of check valves.
Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:03 PM
Oh didnt look at your reg......Ya that MAP that I gave you is only for the 2.4 with the Reflash...... but what Ron said you will have to use check valves so your computer wont see boost.

Thanx Charles
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search