Garrett GT28R - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Garrett GT28R
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:04 AM
does anyone have a compressor map for this turbo? I'm having a bit of difficulty finding it... the specs are as follows:

GT28R

Compressor:
Wheel Diameter: 60mm
Trim: 60
A/R: 0.60

Turbine:
Wheel Diameter: 53mm
Trim: 62
A/R: 0.64

also I'm a bit concerned that spool won't be as good with a 0.64 a/r on the exhaust side... any input on this?

I was originally going to go with a t3 super 60, but for another $80 I can get a ball bearing center section then so be it

this would be going on my 2200 OHV btw

Re: Garrett GT28R
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:22 AM
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:36 AM
ball bearing turbos spool up much faster then regular turbos.. so i would assume the .64 ar wont be as bad on a DBB turbo as a regular

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:38 AM
that should be fine for your car, im geting a GT-30R for my 2.0 DSM

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:08 PM
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote:

also I'm a bit concerned that spool won't be as good with a 0.64 a/r on the exhaust side... any input on this?

I was originally going to go with a t3 super 60, but for another $80 I can get a ball bearing center section then so be it

this would be going on my 2200 OHV btw

Don't be fooled by the .64 turbine a/r. The GT28R uses a T25 turbine which is smaller than a T3 turbine. Since it uses a small turbine and it is a GT ball bearing turbo it should spool very fast. The Down side is that the compressor is also pretty small. The GT28R does use a T3 compressor but it can only flow 31 LB/MIN, the T3 Super60 can flow 35 LB/MIN. If you don't want to make over 250hp the GT28R is a good choice for you.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:25 PM
skilz what would be the next step up?

I wanna ball bearing turbo but am not sure which to get

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:56 PM
check out the GT2860R

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:41 AM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:skilz what would be the next step up?

I wanna ball bearing turbo but am not sure which to get

Since i've seen you mention a few times you wanted to make 450whp, check out the Garrett GT30R.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:42 AM

How about the GT2871R... I'm looking at the GT3071R or the GT3076R after I get my Motec hooked up.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:21 AM
i wish u was still in texas cause i would luv to see your turbo setup that weekend u were here i had to go pick mines up in houston

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:40 AM
this is beautiful. dual ball bearing. http://www.turbocalculator.com/view-product.php?product=002-001-007

Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:12 PM
I agree, a beautiful thing.

All the GTxxR's are dual ball bearing, I don't believe that Garrett makes a hybrid bearing - correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm having a heck of a time finding a GT28 in Canada. Does anyone know who carries them?

Friday, October 28, 2005 5:10 PM
Roof Rack Racer (autoxxxer) wrote:I agree, a beautiful thing.

All the GTxxR's are dual ball bearing, I don't believe that Garrett makes a hybrid bearing - correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm having a heck of a time finding a GT28 in Canada. Does anyone know who carries them?

go to http://www.turbobygarrett.com and check for authorized distrubiters in canada. I'm sure one of them will either stock a GT28R or be able to get one very quickly

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:40 PM
I did that, and unfortunately the only one it shows serving Ontario is DW Diesel, which has no Canadian offices anyway. It's always a pain in the butt (and the wallet) to pay international shiping, then tax, then duty, then brokerage... you get the idea.

I called around to all the local speed shops, and they all say they can't get them

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:56 PM
Roof Rack Racer (autoxxxer) wrote:I did that, and unfortunately the only one it shows serving Ontario is DW Diesel, which has no Canadian offices anyway. It's always a pain in the butt (and the wallet) to pay international shiping, then tax, then duty, then brokerage... you get the idea.

I called around to all the local speed shops, and they all say they can't get them

Order one from a shop in the US, then go get it yourself... or just stick it out and pay up.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 5:59 AM
[QUOTE = spotabee]Order one from a shop in the US, then go get it yourself... or just stick it out and pay up.

Excellent advice. Thank you for your wisdom.

I always thought there was supposed to be free trade, but I keep getting boned by both governments.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:22 AM
john317 wrote:How about the GT2871R... I'm looking at the GT3071R or the GT3076R after I get my Motec hooked up.

johns going turbo? awesome to hear you going with the m4? when you plan on having everything up and running? cause i was going back and forth about the gt3071r and gt30r, the gt3071r supports up to 450 and says it spools 1000rpm faster than the 30r

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:57 AM

... M4 I'll get it hooked up with the S/C since I know it runs. Then after I play with that for awhile I'll swap to H.O. cams and prob. Gt3071R maybe Gt3076R.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:39 PM
Roof Rack Racer (autoxxxer) wrote:
Spotabee Racing wrote:Order one from a shop in the US, then go get it yourself... or just stick it out and pay up.

Excellent advice. Thank you for your wisdom.

I always thought there was supposed to be free trade, but I keep getting boned by both governments.

if they give you any @!#$, just tell them that the US is not afraid to take over Canada.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search