CNFX 2.4l Tubular Turbo Manifold - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CNFX 2.4l Tubular Turbo Manifold
Monday, October 24, 2005 4:01 PM
Tony from CNFX asked me to post this for him/ They are developing a 2.4L Tubular Manifold and Downpipe Package and possibly a package with the turbo too.. Here are some development pics

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: CNFX 2.4l Tubular Turbo Manifold
Monday, October 24, 2005 4:45 PM
Not much to see in the pics, yet. It'll be interesting to see how much these sell for. I might just have to go boosted one day.

Monday, October 24, 2005 4:45 PM
might? that should be definitely

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, October 24, 2005 4:56 PM
Damn, I like that design.. Hopefully we can get a price soon. I think it would sell well depending on the price.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, October 24, 2005 5:05 PM
I should have more pics with more progress later tonight or tomorrow. We're also going to set the price for it when we create the 2nd header. The first one always takes alot longer than the 2nd and so on. If this works out well we'll do a ecotec tubular next.

It will also be external wastegate. We will probably offer the manifold with or without a turbo and or downpipe. The header will have a brace that bolts to the waterpump housing. There will be a jet coating option and a header wrap option, we'll wrap it for you before we send it out. In our opinion it's going to have to be wrapped for safety because some of the hoses on the driver side are fairly close to the header. We'll also be giving a pretty good warranty on it. If any problems come up it will be taken care of by us no questions asked. You would just have to pay the return shipping.
Monday, October 24, 2005 5:58 PM
Looks good so far, but I like mine better, LOL!!...............j/k

Jason
99 Z24
#25 to register on JBO!!
Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Monday, October 24, 2005 7:04 PM
now thats pretty

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, October 24, 2005 7:15 PM
I like, even though I don't have a 2.4L. The mention of an Ecotec one has definetly sparked some interest from me .

Monday, October 24, 2005 7:51 PM
Id prolly buy one.

Monday, October 24, 2005 8:09 PM
lookin good!

***Need an '02 or up Cavalier shell...engine not necessarily be included. Stock prefered...email me and make an offer***
Monday, October 24, 2005 8:43 PM
some more

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, October 24, 2005 8:46 PM
As much as I like the design they are way too spaced from eachother and it looks like a pain in the butt, for the #2 and 3 runners to be made .
My opinion is and this is only MY opinion so take it for what it is worth.

It should be made from thicker material by all means specially since they are sooooooo long.
One brace with that much lenght is NOT going to help that much.

It makes the Turbo sit way to low, so I am not a fan of that., you get a better downpipe design that way.

Also, it is way to close to some of the components and I would indeffinetely worry about stuff chatcing on fire.

It is a awesome thing that you guys are doing such a project, so like I said one more time this is just an opinion, and your effort is very appreciated.
Sorry, if the post causes any conflict it is not intended.

It will sell tho.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Monday, October 24, 2005 9:06 PM
It may be possible to get a tighter radius bend but this is what we chose to work with. The material we used is 16 Gauge 304 Stainless. With the brace bracket we're going to make there should be very little weight on the header itself. Also a few inches of material will be cut off at the bottem by the collector so the turbo isnt going to sit very low. One valid point is it's close to some lines and it is. We are going to run this on our car with 22 lb's of boost. If all goes well we will sell it the way it is. If something needs to be changed we will change it.
Monday, October 24, 2005 9:13 PM
more....

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, October 24, 2005 9:51 PM
nice looks good...

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Monday, October 24, 2005 10:00 PM
It looks like a great manifold. I dont know much about them but I might have to rebuild my setup and go with this nice peice rather than my log style im using. about when do you think they will be going on sale? and what type of turbo is this going to be designed to mount to.
Monday, October 24, 2005 10:52 PM
more pics from tony...

Monday, October 24, 2005 11:21 PM
looks like Brandon Fetters. His firewall and modified to give an extra 3 inches of clearence so that the turbo could be mounted at a higher point.

His bends are a little tighter which I think look better, but I do like the fact that the firewall wouldnt be a problem with the CNFX design. Let's get some pics from the top of the engine!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 4:03 AM
the only problem I see with that is if for the ecotecs it hangs that low, since some of us have our girdles tapped for the oil return...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:08 AM
lets give some credit where due please. that manifold is almost a carbon copy of fetters. although his 10 times better looking, and i really want to know where youre intake is going cause by the looks of it there aint much room there for even a filter.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:43 AM
^^^^It's not a carbon copy of fetter's... It's a carbon copy of almost every tubular manifold design ever made for 4 cylinder cars. Why would they need to change a previously proven design? I've see a couple with tighter bends but those are usually for longitudinal mounted engines in RWD cars.
It's a good start and I'm glad to see someone taking the time to develope sucha turbo header, but there are some obvious areas of concern with the design thus far. I wouldn't be too worried about things rubbing and catching fire. Anything that runs near the header could be lengthened and run away from it. You also said it comes with a heat wrapping option.
I would be worried about the oil return. Looking at those pictures, you would need a 1" or larger return to attempt draining oil back without smoking. You also have to go under the intermediate shaft (NVG T550?) judging by the installed picture. It may be a little different with stock dirve-shafts. You don't want the oil return to rub a driveshaft. You would be safe with the intermediate shaft.

Cardomain|Myspace

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:21 AM
^as said above my header is a copy of many other headers, i got the idea from mike karas, but this isnt about my header...

a few areas i could see a problem is how low its hanging, 1 oil return could be a problem, and also tranny cables i know jamie has a header on his cav and his turbo sits pretty low and he burns up tranny cables alot, i think you could bring the runner higher up which would bring the turbo up but it would also have to go back towards the firewall some

also what size are the runners?

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:50 AM
turbo way to low. hows a return gonna work with the turbo that low? put it up higher and see what ya got. At least someone is trying though

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:50 PM
gotta love all the hate , about whos design it is or copy of

and gotta love the hate for the auto trans people

since that wont work on a auto

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:59 PM
CNFX>vbz wrote:It may be possible to get a tighter radius bend but this is what we chose to work with. The material we used is 16 Gauge 304 Stainless. With the brace bracket we're going to make there should be very little weight on the header itself.Also a few inches of material will be cut off at the bottem by the collector so the turbo isnt going to sit very low. One valid point is it's close to some lines and it is. We are going to run this on our car with 22 lb's of boost. If all goes well we will sell it the way it is. If something needs to be changed we will change it.

am i the only one that caught this?? he said he was shortening it, and if things need to be changed it will be.

sounds like he knows its to low, everyone doesn't have to tell him 12 times in one thread. He is going to change it if it needs it

Anyways, CNFX it looks good, if i had an eco and the money i would get it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search