Finally went for a drive! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally went for a drive!
Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:47 PM
Some of you may know my situation some may not. Here it is in a nutshell. Built my motor and setup for around 17psi. Look at my reg. for all mods. Had 550cc injectors to provide enough fuel for that. Got finished putting everything together and in the car, in august. Been trying to tune it ever since. My safc does not work properly so i tried tuning with just my afpr and afmu. Even with a base fuel pressure of 25psi...it still was way too rich. Couldn't get it tuned because of the size of injectors. So today I finally put my stock injectors back in. Went for a few short drives while making a ton of adjustments. So finally...I am boosted and driving!!!!! But now I have some questions.

With all my fuel mods and stock injectors what is the max boost I should run, or better yet, what boost should I run without clipping my injectors? Keep in mind I have the 255lph pump, afpr, and afmu.

Sorry for the long post but I thought some might want to know my progress. BTW, I have RC 550cc injectors for sale. Barely used. lol.

"Spent way too much to give up now!!!"

Re: Finally went for a drive!
Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:10 PM
some people say that your injectors cut out at 110psi, others swear you should never go above 80 psi.

Do you have a fuel pressure guage to see how high you are hitting with the FMU?

I think that clipping your injectors is what will be the determining factor.

If you're hitting around 80-95psi now and not clipping, you're pretty much at your limit. That's just my take on it, though. I wouldn't turn up the boost any further until you find a way to control thos big injectors. BTW do not get rid of those 550's, you'll be sorry you got rid of them once you found out what you did wrong with the saf-c.

Re: Finally went for a drive!
Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:11 PM
Well watching the fuel pressure while boosting would be a good idea except I have my guage on the rail. So i cant watch it while i'm driving. I just rely on my wideband to tell if i need to add more fuel or take away. Thats why I wanted to know the most boost people are running on stock injectors. I am thinking of getting 370cc injectors and selling my 550's. Then I wont need the safc to tune. Just my afpr and afmu.

"Spent way too much to give up now!!!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search