Does Stage Matter? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Does Stage Matter?
Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:43 AM
i'm just curious, and i did a search but wasn't sure on how to put it in words, but here's my question, does it matter what stage you start out with?, i've been looking hard at Hahn Racecraft's 2.2l LN2 Turbo System, but i'm not sure which stage to go with from all that i can tell, is stage 1 is non-intercooled, and stage 2 is. So what would stage could you start out with without many internal upgrades.

Re: Does Stage Matter?
Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:46 AM

Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:49 AM
I would get an intercooler setup cause no matter what you can run more psi without running to problems. A non intercooled setup can't run as high as psi as with the same mods done. Cooloer is better.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:56 AM
true true, the more cold denser air the more power you get, so i could start out with stage 2 but after a few internal mods i can go higher in stage's to produce more power, or can i? thanks for the insight on it.
Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:01 AM
You can always be safe and upgrade them before turbo, but it is all about what you got to spend.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 2:45 PM
Don't rely on "stages" to go by while shoppin because every manufacturer is different. A stage one kit from Cavalier Extreme wont have the same things in it as Hahn. A smart shopper is an educated shopper. Do your homework and turbo systems and find the components and sizes of everything you would like to run and then either find a kit to fit your needs, or build your own (usually cheaper.)

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:06 PM
i'll be doing my research than, never really thought about it that way of doing homework on it, before seeing what's out there, just be getting alot of hearsay and whatnot, but i appreciate the advice.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search