***For you guys w/ the Quickchange hub/pulleys*** - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
***For you guys w/ the Quickchange hub/pulleys***
Saturday, October 22, 2005 5:40 PM
When you put your hub on.....does the hub sit flush with the end of the shaft where you thread in for the puller??

When I was putting mine on.....it was going and then just stopped.....heres some pics of the gap between my upper support and pulley.....

And also when you guys put you hub on....did u put anti seize on the inside of the hub and on the s/c shaft??

Thanks guys

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!

Re: ***For you guys w/ the Quickchange hub/pulleys***
Saturday, October 22, 2005 5:47 PM
Forgot the pics....

Re: ***For you guys w/ the Quickchange hub/pulleys
Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:01 PM
I went outside but it's too damn dark out to see, is that the one for the M45 in particular, I have the one for the GTP's.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:17 PM
Yea its the one they just started making that is made for out s/c's...........The instructions only talked about pressing on a pulley onto one of the gtp s/cers.....

When I rev it up slightly to 2k rpms it sounds like its loose..and the one sideof my belt is kinda shredding.......but it was fine last night when i drove it.....

I'm thinking I wasnt supposed to put anti seize on the inside of the hub and on the shaft????

Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:35 PM
I know that Andy (Mr. Pute) who I bought mine from had to order a new set because the screws got stuck, so it might have been a good idea, not sure....

Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:09 PM
Its not the screws......I just put it on last night lol....oh well I guess I'll have to wait until this damn Hurricane blows over before I can look at it....car is hiding now stuffed in the garage......

Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:46 PM
mm.. listening.

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Monday, October 24, 2005 6:36 AM
mine sits alittle to the out side of the shaft.... as long as the belts not twisted it dosent matter.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, October 24, 2005 10:49 AM
Here's what mine looks like:

Monday, October 24, 2005 6:01 PM
Cool thanks for the pic........I emailed the guy at Pulley boys and he said the hub should be flush with the end of the snout.........I briefly looked at it tonight and it looks like I may of pushed it on too far??? And its pushin the belt kinda to the side and its rippin on the a/c compressor.

I'll be taking a better look tomorrow I guess.........Geez stupid little stuff.....oh well lol

Monday, October 24, 2005 8:10 PM
just use the puller and pull it out a lil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:48 PM
Well...I fixed it today....The hub wasnt on enough....causing tension on the belt and thats what was eating my belt........

I had to go to the store and buy a washer that would fit over the snout of the supercharger.....cause the pulley puller/pusher I bought from pulley boys wouldnt go far enough...

What I mean is that the hole on the pusher part just stopped at the snout causing the hub to not be on far enough.....

Ahhhh thank the lord I got it fixed! Just in time too cause its gettin cold down here in Florida.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search