Secret Cams and Supercharger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Secret Cams and Supercharger
Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:28 AM
I have done a search and came up short of what I was looking for. I have a 2002 Z24 with GM Supercharger(stock pulley), Coolongmist alcohol injection, Fidanza flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Header, High flow cat, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, all 2 1/2" pipe. My engine is starting to burn alot of oil due to blow-by. I am getting another motor with only 42k on it and I was thinking of putting in some secret cams before the swap. What should I expect for gains? What do you think my overall HP will be and how fast in the 1/4 mile? If anybody has this setup and would like to share this info with me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Re: Secret Cams and Supercharger
Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:05 AM
Put the cams in...then go to the dyno. Then after that...go to the track. Thats is the only FOR SURE way to know what kind of #'s your car is putting down. EVERY car is different.

Many GM S/C and turbo guys run the cams. Go for it.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:22 PM
Go for it...I've got the GM charger and the secret cams and I love it.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:32 PM
^^^

X'2

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:51 PM
i have a 2k motor w/s/c and secret cams. I have run 14.43 @97.4 mph. -14.61@97mph. When I was NA, i was running 15.1 - 15.2, with the 2.3 60fts. I think they work well.

Hope that helps.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:09 PM
x's 3 here and like them.

boost forum
Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:02 AM
hello i was lookin into boost for my car and i think i have come to the decesion of using a supercharger. i have a 97 with the 2,4. and was wondering if for one you had to buy a kit for the car or a custom one could be made? what all do you need to make a supercharger kit to work on a 2.4 a special intake manifold? etc someone email em a detailed list i was thinking on using the sc off of the 3.8 on the grand prix gtp which would be a gm supercharger email me at badassavenger12@yahoo.com asap and let me know what you all know thank you
Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:29 AM
^ you need to stop hijacking, and do some damn research. pop in a search on this site, and start learning. nothing in life is easy or free.

as for the cams, what are these secret cams like on idle and running? do they sound and feel just like the stock cams, or should i expect my car to feel like a top fuel dragster?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Saturday, November 05, 2005 11:49 AM
Viper98912 wrote:
as for the cams, what are these secret cams like on idle and running? do they sound and feel just like the stock cams, or should i expect my car to feel like a top fuel dragster?

I've heard 3 cars with them and have noticed no sound difference, very mild cams from what I understand.

I drove a Sunfire GT with the swap, if anything I felt it moved the powerband and that was it. Though many people swear by them, but that was my experience.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 12:15 PM
Secret cams- I put them in and the sound stayed the same as far as loudness......I could feel a difference in top end power......then I put the s/c on......but I have no idea how much of a difference they made with the s/c since I put the s/c on after the cams......

Viper98912- Don't worry about buying cams you should buy the 2.7 like I've been bugging you about! lol

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:08 PM
Charger + cams here.

Can't say I really feel a difference with the ol' butt dyno after putting the cams in, but I did notice my exhaust has a real slight bit more lope to it at idle, and I like it!

14.330 @ 96.37mph

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search