External Wastegate - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
External Wastegate
Friday, October 21, 2005 7:19 PM
just wondering if anyone had pics of their external wastegate setup on their log style manifold. wondering about clearance issues, fitment problems i might run into, mounting placement. Im planning on running the tial 38mm. Any experiance or general info would help.

Re: External Wastegate
Friday, October 21, 2005 9:55 PM
the nice thing about tial is that they aren't as wide as a deltagate! So they fit pretty much anywhere.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:25 PM
this is what im lookin at that directed my question. i was told that mounting the wastegate flange right on the manifold as close to the turbo would be best. Just a question as to if this pic is a good idea having the flange mounted on top of a pipe that is inbetween the manifold and wastegate.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:27 PM
nice forgot to post the pics

pics are from firebugs profile, hope he dosnt mind.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:07 PM
All the pics i have of mine are in my cardomain page.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:41 PM
thanx jeremy i was just about to post on JBOM cuz nobody seems to care here on the wonderful org.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:51 PM
mine is pretty similar to the one you posted, only not quite as much angle on it

off the car:

finished:

Sunday, October 23, 2005 4:45 PM
Here is my Manifold with Tial Wastegate. This pic is of the setup on Brandon's car. Sorry I don't have pic's of it on mine, but that will give you another view.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:42 PM
What make of manifolds are these? Where can i find them at? I am working on turboing my 2.4. My turbo requires an external wastegate, so i'm in the process of looking for a manifold.

Thanks Brandon

2nd Place is the first loser
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:16 PM
ive got a exploited racing ss mani with the stress cuts and havent had a problem
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search