supercharger but no reflash - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
supercharger but no reflash
Friday, October 21, 2005 9:37 PM
so.... Anyone run this more than just to the dealership? I am talkin about driving around for a couple days like this. I go back and forth to work. Has anyone noticed it running strange? I notice that I have to let it sit when i first start it up cause if I hit the gas at all it will just stall out on me. Is this correct or is there some other issue?

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.

Re: supercharger but no reflash
Friday, October 21, 2005 10:30 PM
well from my understanding...your computer isn't gonna read boost without the reflash...so it's not compensating for the extra air being forced into the engine....i'm not sure what the consequences of this will be if you continue to boost without the reflash...but i'm pretty sure you don't want to continue doin it.....
Friday, October 21, 2005 10:59 PM
I did for a week. But just drive really easy and not hard throttle/acceleration and you'll be ok. I tried* not to go into boost, hesitated a bit when i did. Other then that, it ran ruff when i started it up for the first time with the 330 injectors.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Friday, October 21, 2005 11:03 PM
i been running with no reflash for a year. but i have a 96 and other fuel mods.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:27 AM
i ran my 00 hard for 2 days before i got the reflash

i also put 101 race fuel in the tank , but i did run it hard several times before i put the 101 in the tank

mine actually ran richer and better , before the reflash

it did have a little trouble idling though

Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:10 AM
ok, I feel better now.

97cav24ls, you know the issues I have been havin with this damn thing, I was just wondering if it was another issue or if the ECU was the culprit of the rough rough idle. Especially when you first start it up. Its still giving me that TPS sensor code. DAMN THING! I think I am gonna put my old one back on it and see if it goes away. My buddy gave me the one I have on it now.

Scott

NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:21 AM
OK, I put in two different TPS sensors, and I am still getting the TPS code, actually the computer is giving me two codes, both of which are the same TPS code. I had both of these sensors in with my other ECU (the dead one) I am wondering if they could both be fried because the TPS sensor was one of the codes that my other ECU gave me when the thing died. So kinda wondering if it fried the connectors. I have taken one apart before so I know what they look like inside and understand that its a real simple device but IDK, kinda stumped. Almost wonder if the wiring to the TPS from the ECU is bad too. Any help?

Scott

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:50 PM
reflash is supposedly only offered on 200 and up vehicles 2.4 motor? what does anyone do when supercharging a 95-99 2.4 if the reflash is not an option? would you have to get a 200 and up computer and reflash it that way? who ever knows let me know email me your responses i have a 97 2.4 and i am lookin into the gm supercharger
boost forum
Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:38 PM
reflash is supposedly only offered on 2000 and up vehicles 2.4 motor? what does anyone do when supercharging a 95-99 2.4 if the reflash is not an option? would you have to get a 2000 and up computer and reflash it that way? who ever knows let me know email me your responses i have a 97 2.4 and i am lookin into the gm supercharger
Re: boost forum
Friday, November 11, 2005 3:42 AM
i believe, correct me anyone, is you have to have the 2000+ starter in order for the reflash to work on the pre-99s, thats it.

*Devil Z*
Re: boost forum
Friday, November 11, 2005 6:32 AM
^^ No the only reason you need the 2k starter is so that the supercharger fits...the pre 2k's are too big.........

This reflash has been stuck in the back of my mind since I put my s/c on. Ive got a 99 and it has the 2k starter, high impedance injectors...everything for the reflash.....but I can't remember what was keeping me from being able to get it........Anybody have the answer???

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search