injectors - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
injectors
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:51 AM
Are 500cc injectors too much for 5-6 lbs of boost? and if it is then what if i bought a cartech. right now my setup is t3 turbo, innovative turbo wastegate set at 5psi, OBX 8-1 fmu, DSM smic, DSM bov, Soon to get a many from the guy on ebay. now i just need to do somethin wit my fuel. Any sugestions? Cheapest as possible.

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Re: injectors
Friday, October 21, 2005 9:01 AM
yup way to big. Those things would be rated clear up to like 600 hp. I understand you want to leave some room to grow, but you'll have a pain tuning them at a low level of boost like that. Try something in the high 300/low 400cc range, that'll probably do you best. But thats just my opinion, lets hear what others have to say.

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:15 AM
My race team is working on an LN2 turbo setup right now for my car. We've got a working system right now on a '96. We've been taking it easy as the test engine has about 200K on the clock, but running about 5psi on a Mitsubishi 4G turbo (which will likely be replaced with a 16G unit). We have been using 350cc injectors from RC Engineering. As of now, we don't seem to be reaching anywhere near the full duty cycle, but we did quite a bit of adjusting as initial tuning showed we were running too rich. Right now we have the fuel pressure just a little higher than stock and we're not experiencing any over-rich or idling problems. We're going to try them on the actual motor at higher boost and see how they work, but that is still a few months away.

"Silly cluth, glazing is for donuts!"
Friday, October 21, 2005 11:21 AM
Mr Clean you got any info on how you got RC injectors to work with a 95-97 LN2 intake manifold?

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Friday, October 21, 2005 1:17 PM
:-) My apologies, I'm posting during my spare time at work, so I'm leaving out important details when I shouldn't.

Now, in the system we are putting together we have built a sheetmetal intake manifold and we used a different T.B. as well as a custom fuel rail. The throttlebody now sits on the end of the manifold, as it would on a Honda or similar design, but on our manifold it sits on the driver side. We had to do a lot of fab to make everything work, but so far things look promising. The fuel rail we are using is actually an AEM unit for a B18, and the regulator is a universal type, also from AEM. None of this has been perfected, mind you, but it's running. We're still experimenting with the manifold, but once it's finished, I'll try to get some info posted.

As far as the injector issue, the point I was making was regarding the actual size. I don't know what engine he is using, but for the setup were working on, 350cc is plenty big enough. As far as the stock LN2 manifold design, I don't know how big of an injector one could get to fit, but I do know that RC Engineering will balance and blueprint the stock injectors on most applications for more output. I'm not familiar with the process, but if someone wanted it done, RC would probably be the people to call.

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:22 PM
I was just curious

Seeing as you are pretty new here and I have never seen your set-up I was just making sure you weren't blowing smoke

I too have a sheet metal IM and am running a custom fuel rail and a ford TB

Just got to remember that some people, that don't know that much, see you saying you used RCs for your 96 may go try and use them on theirs and totaly screw themselves

I would love to see pics of your setup

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:27 PM
Yeah, it's understandable. So how is the T.B. you're using working for you? We've been using one from a Z24 and it works, but I think we could do better. WE're trying to find balance between power and throttle response.

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:36 PM
My build isn't complete yet, you can see it here

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=73028&t=73028#73028

If you have anymore questions just PM me so we don't thread jack this anymore lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search