Plx wideband install - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Plx wideband install
Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:36 PM
I am haveing a bit of trouble with My wide band install. I bought the m 250 and There is a white wire from the wide band that says that goes to the narrow band out put. but the thing is My stock 02 sensor has about 4 wires? so do I have to only hook up the one and leave it or what?

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "

Re: Plx wideband install
Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:26 PM
I have the M250 also and have run into the same problem with my eco, if you have a 4 wire 02 sensor you need to drill a seperate hole and bung, the narrowband output will not keep the pcm happy as the wideband will generate the slow response cel and the heater circut failure cel , the car will also run really really rich. You can only use the wideband as a direct replacement if the car orginally comes with a 1 wire 02 sensor

basically the only thing you can do with the narrowband output from the plx on an eco is run a narrowband AFR guage, thats all its good for, the other wire the 5v one is the wideband signal i have the guage pod hooked up to it telling me in real time what my afr is, DO NOT make any connections from the wideband to the stock PCM

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:00 PM
Why the fuc is it that no matter how hard I search I always run into to these kind of @!#$ problems.

ok let me try to get this figured out Im under the impression that the sensor has to go before the cat? what sise tap did you use? and if it can go after the cat ( which Im slmost positive it cant) can I use the after cat sensor then the narrowband?

Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:51 PM
Im really glad these have a narrowband output so you dont have to put another bung into the exhaust. Atleast if you have one wire....... Where did you guys get yours from and are the m250's nice?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/448390

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:02 PM
ebay and they look sweet but I still need to figure out what Im going to do. I guess I just have to bite the bullet and just drill a new bung cant be that hard right.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:11 PM
Your gonna need one of these

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:23 PM
Jcavi can you link me to the one you got on ebay. I see a few. One comes with a gauge and one doesnt. $50 difference. The box has live view so why would you get a gauge with it? Let me know what you got cuz these are great prices. Also, do they have datalogging or no?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/448390

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:22 PM
the 250 does not the 300 does

with a 4 wire 02 theres no other way other than drilling another hole

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:27 AM
Your primary is a 4 wire? not the one after the cat.......... the one in your exhaust manifold......

My primary is a 2 wire.....

95-98/99 is a 1 wire.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:28 AM
oh yea..... one wire is signal, one is ground, and the other 2 are heater.....

just make sure your looking at the right sensor.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:07 PM
just a small update some a local exhaust shop that apperntly does great work quoted me at 40 dollars.

so Im just going that way.

as for the link I bought the one with the guage becasue I wanted it to go in my pod no other reason there both nice. But I would clarify that there is a digital display.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search