Turbo kit?????? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo kit??????
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:02 PM
I have 2000 Z24, and I am bouncing back and forth about whether or not to put mods on it. I am saving to get a second car next year...I want an Evo!!! But I like the idea of having two turbo charged cars. And where I am from there aren't any turbo cavis out at the street races. so I would love to be the first and blow their pants off. Cuz the personna around here is that cavi's will never be fast. So my question is What is the best turbo kit for my car. I read an earlier post in which some people were talking about hose set ups being fugly and stuff like that, I would like something that is astetically pleasing. However I will take a fugly one if its kick ass and not going to rip my pockets off!!!!! All opinions would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!!!!!

Re: Turbo kit??????
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:28 PM
Start reading. theres ALOT you need to know before just slapping on a turbo turbo kit. You are not going to get all your answers by just posting up a quick thread. Youll be lucky to learn anything from this post because everything you need to know has already been posted. BTW, if you are thinking that this is going to run like a stock turbo car its not.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:09 PM
HAHAHAHA well just to answer your question

there is no "BEST"

How much money do you want to spend..... if you have $5000.00 the sky is the limit ( to purchase a turbo kit)..... if you have $2500.00 your not gettting a kit......

I'd get some reading done and come back and ask a better question.....

and about the above post.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "TRUE ENOUGH"

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:35 PM
I have done research......I just wanted other peoples opinions on what they may have used and what works for them. So instead of telling me to do research, in which I have. Along with research I'm gunna ask cuz I thought that was what forums are for. I am not going to spend a 5,000 dollars on a turbo that don't work well with my car. Lots of companies may make them for my car but I want to know what other people use and trust!!
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:59 PM
honestly i dont see any company with a "complete" turbo kit for the 2.4, unlike the eco's which have a great company with great support and testing done (hahn) but your better off piecing it together if you can, and if you can i would say run the gm s/c program for your fuel managment best proven for the 2.4

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:06 AM
If you go to Jtuners.com, they have a complete kit, the only reason why I'm mentioning this, is I ordered one, received it, and had it installed in two days. Only thing I needed to get was a couple of Zip ties due to some minior relocation. If your car has cruise control it will take a minior mod to your cruise control unit, but nothing drastic. All very doable.

Timothy Kramer

Proudly Sponsored By:
High Rev MotorSports, INC.
www.HighRevMotorSports.Com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search