Exhaust for turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust for turbo
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:34 PM
Ok so first off i wanna start by saying i've searched and searched. Granted im not the greatest at searching. But on to the question. I recently purchased the eco stage 2 from hahn, already have the rods and as soon as the port fueler hits the market i'll have that also. High boost and power levels are my goal. So anyway i've been looking for a good exhaust system for my car. I wanted to purchase one, but cant find one atleast 2 1/2 or bigger. So anyone have suggestions? im thinking im just gonna have a custom one made at a local shop. But if anyone knows were i could get a 2 1/2 possible 3 inch exhaust system the help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks

Re: Exhaust for turbo
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:45 PM
go to a performance shop and tell them what you want. i went millenium auto sport here in the norfolk, va and they told me they would do whatever i wanted. i had them install the components i already had (electric exhaust cut out, flex pipe, magnaflow cat, and told them to put on a flowmaster super 40 series). came out to around ~700 mandrel all the way. a little pricey but they even coated it for me (from the down pipe to the exhaust) and notched my k-frame for better clearance instead of trying to force it to fit.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:01 PM
come up here, let my boss make you a duplicate exhaust to my 3in one, go to Hahn and let him help you tune the car out. Perfect vacation. You can also come run at one of the tracks here and show off a little bit.

Or if you wait a little while my boss might start making 3in catback for our turbo customers. then all you'd need to do is adapt the downpipe like we did.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:26 PM
im running a borla pro xs muffler with a custom 2.5 catback w/o a cat. i have a cutout right after the downpipe. got it from summit for 25 bucks.

13 psi and climbing......

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:50 PM
Thanks for the help guys, the one major problem i face right now, and the reason i was looking to buy the system is the fact that im in iraq at the moment lol. The next thing, my car is in missouri so i dont know if i'll pass emissions if i dont have a cat, im pretty sure i'll fail. pretty much all the stuff thats getting done right now is in my moms hands......so i gotta keep it simple lol

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:54 AM
I ordered 3" mandrel bends from an on-line company and made my own 3" straight-through exhaust for my sunbird. It cost me roughly $100 in materials and about 5 hours of work.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search