GM eco Charger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM eco Charger
Monday, October 17, 2005 5:08 PM
i Was a the dealership my dad works at today and i went to the parts dept. i had the guy look up the supercharger and its on their the list price is 3400 i had him call to see if its availible he called and they said not yet but is 3400 bux? is it worth it anyone the the power gains?

Re: GM eco Charger
Monday, October 17, 2005 7:54 PM
My guess no when you can get the Hahn stage 2 kit for 100 bucks more. If your worried about factory warranty though the S/C may be a good option.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Monday, October 17, 2005 8:39 PM
sigh...another post gets my hopes up, but as always...shatters my dreams....

Monday, October 17, 2005 8:46 PM
there needs to be some sort of restriction. If gm eco and charger is in the statement then there has to be a small note saying "sorry not yet"

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Monday, October 17, 2005 11:18 PM
^^^ Agreed

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:14 AM
Just a question, but why are you guys nutting all over this supercharger? Personally the s/c does not get me to where I want to go nor be at...

Josh
SLK 32

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:33 AM
Quote:

i Was a the dealership my dad works at today and i went to the parts dept. i had the guy look up the supercharger and its on their the list price is 3400 i had him call to see if its availible he called and they said not yet but is 3400 bux? is it worth it anyone the the power gains?

If you go on http://www.gmpartsdirect.com and type in 17800003 in the search box, you can see the price (which is indeed $3400 retail), but gm parts price is $2845...

Ta, Paul.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:50 AM
Whore wrote:Just a question, but why are you guys nutting all over this supercharger? Personally the s/c does not get me to where I want to go nor be at...

Not trying to be a dick, but i'm not you...being in college and somewhat poor, i like the idea of keeping my warranty...when i'm out of school i'll probably rip it off, sell it and slap on a big dirty turbo...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:51 AM
^Needs Edit Button

However, if this stupid thing isn't out by late spring, i might just have to give in and go turbo...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:36 PM
TraJadY wrote:
Whore wrote:Just a question, but why are you guys nutting all over this supercharger? Personally the s/c does not get me to where I want to go nor be at...

Not trying to be a dick, but i'm not you...being in college and somewhat poor, i like the idea of keeping my warranty...when i'm out of school i'll probably rip it off, sell it and slap on a big dirty turbo...

Yeah good luck with getting something covered under warranty with that blower on it. First off, has there been anything officially in writing from GM stating that the powertrain warranty will cover the s/c? Cuz I know Dodge doesn't cover the stage 1 or 2 upgrades for the SRT4 even though there's this mass belief that the warranty still covers it. Beyond that, knowing local dealers, if they see so much as an intake and exhaust, they'll tell you to get the hell out anyway.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:57 PM
I guess i just assumed since the 2.4L charger keeps the warranty...

from the GM website...

The 2.4L Twin Cam Supercharger Kit carries a warranty covering the complete kit for defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles from date of installation. In addition to the product warranty, this supercharger kit will cover the powertrain (internally lubricated engine and transmission components) for the length of the original factory powertrain warranty . For specific details contact your local GM Performance Parts dealer.

i dunno, i guess there's only one REAL way to find out...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:24 PM
lol
by the time the carger actually comes out there will be only a handful of cars witht the warantee still...

lol

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:03 AM
Scarab, All parts sold thru G.M. performance parts carries a 1 year warrenty on that part and is designed to NOT void the warrenty of the vehicle. That being said I don't think its gonna matter much as most of our cars are starting to run out of warrenty themselves.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:56 AM
GHJorge564 wrote:i Was a the dealership my dad works at today and i went to the parts dept. i had the guy look up the supercharger and its on their the list price is 3400 i had him call to see if its availible he called and they said not yet but is 3400 bux? is it worth it anyone the the power gains?

glad i get a good ol' discount on my supercharger.....$2300

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search