2.4 for boost, pistons and rods, recommendations. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 for boost, pistons and rods, recommendations.
Monday, October 17, 2005 6:46 PM
hey guys, took the engine to a gm dealership and the guy said he works on 2.4's here and there and said my problem is a wrist pin from what hes seen. soo..the fires getting taken off the road for a while and getting some internals done to her. Im thinking weisco or je pistons and eagle h-beam rods and doing p&p on the head. i wont know if i have to bore out the block or not until i open the engine up which will determine what bore ill get with the pistons. anyone have any suggestions on sites to get je or wiesco pistons for the 2.4 the cheapest...i found the rods brand new on a site for $299 which is about $50 cheaper than ive seen.

Im running the stock pulley on the gm s/c and seeing 6psi which is sorta rare for the stock pulley and currently running a dry nitrous 40 shot. with the pistons and rods fully broke in what do you think i could bump the n02 shot up to and be safe? thanks guys

Re: 2.4 for boost, pistons and rods, recommendations.
Monday, October 17, 2005 6:51 PM
listening also. I am looking into the exact same thing. Turbo Tech Racing has the rods for 299.00 and they have some wicked JE Pistons but they are pricey. I don't know how far you plan on diving into the motor but I would recommend the Clevite 77 main and rod bearings , pistons, rods, p&p , SS valves, 3 angle valve job, cams, 2.3 oil pump , etc... There is a starting point. As far as internals go, I am still trying to find all of the sites that sell stuff for 2.4s also..

01 Z24 Turbo
Monday, October 17, 2005 7:22 PM
well i got JBP s/c grind cams so im good on cams im thinking just rods and pistons and p&p head....maybe car customs valves also. im looking for pistons of the stock bore size also.

Monday, October 17, 2005 7:29 PM
^^^ talk to brian aka speedracerZ he had some JE stock bore pistons but I am not sure if he still does. stock compression too I think..

01 Z24 Turbo
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:07 AM
check out the cavalier stuff on importperformanceparts.com they got some nice whole performance rebuild kits with forged pistons t o support your nos etc and prob add more hps for decent prices i think like 9 somthin for a whole rebuild
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:03 AM
How can your "mechanic" know you have a problem with a wrist pin when the engine is not even appart?!?!? I've NEVER seen that in the 2.4. Rod bearing yeah but wrist pin, never.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:40 AM
ive seen wrist pins go, talk to quickz24. He has the supercharger, stock pulley, and had the same problem.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:50 AM
^ Does everyone here know what wrist pins even are???

What is your car doing? And how does your mechanic come to the conclusion that it's the wrist pins?

2000 z24
1985 z28 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/825536
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:31 PM
I don'T see how you can have problem with a wrist pin. Even if one of the retainer let go, the pin will not even come out enough to cause trouble. If it's worn it's because you ran out of oil so the rod bearings will let go first. It won't brake unless it was defect from factory.

So explain more about your problem cause your mechanic doesn't seem to be much of a mechanic.

I've seen rods braking in 2 and the wrist pin was fine so it really look like alot of BS. Btw, I've worked on military engine with broken rods so I know how it works.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:07 PM
any other good deals I don't know about?? got any more web sites to visit?? also when it comes to gasket kits, is there a full gasket kit or do you have to buy them each??

View my MySpace
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:59 PM
firebug wrote:any other good deals I don't know about?? got any more web sites to visit?? also when it comes to gasket kits, is there a full gasket kit or do you have to buy them each??

Just email us we make package deals and if you see it cheaper else where let us know we should be able to work something out.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search