Automatic eco kit? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Automatic eco kit?
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:32 PM
does anyone know where i can get a stage 2 eco turbo kit for the auto?

Re: Automatic eco kit?
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:33 PM
yeah and i only want to spend 3500 bux
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:07 AM
the hahn stage II kit would be your best bet, you can get insane power with that kit. one downside is that they don't make it for auto's...but, you can redo the intercooler piping and make it fit. i think that might be the only modification. another downside is that i think it runs for 3800, but i'm not positive, you might want to email them about that.

frank at maximumboost.net has reasonably priced turbo kits ranging from stage 1 to 3. they're alot less expensive than others and they might have the only auto eco kit (but don't quote me on that). but before you buy it, do a search on what people think of him and his company. i'm not badmouthing him or his business, i'm just letting you know that you should search on what people have been saying. in my eyes, once he provides pictures of the kit finally installed on a car then he'll get credit.

other than that, try putting together your own custom kit, always alot more fun, alot more work, but costs alot less.

Blown.
Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:36 PM
i thought hahns kit was 3400$ yeah i would go custom but i need to get it on within in a short amount of time and i want to know i have everything i need. Maximum boost's kit doesnt have a dp and i havent heard anything amazing from it yet or seen it installed so i dont trust it nothing against Maximum boost though.
Thursday, October 06, 2005 7:23 PM
as i said, i wasn't positive about the price of hahn's kit, but 3400 is within your price range and its an awesome kit. and as for maximum boost, i heard they are developing a dp as we speak. (although i agree with you about holding off on that kit for a while).

as far as i know, thats what you have for choices as far as auto eco kits go. these limited choices are what helped spur me to get a stage I s/c kit from rsm racing for my auto eco.

as for installation, do not rush it. last thing you want is a rushed turbo install - any number of problems could develop. read the boost FAQ on the boost forum, even there it says give yourself a week to complete the entire installation as well as some knowledgeable friends to help out AND have an extra car just in case you have to run for parts you forgot about. and that goes for any kind of engine modification, even though its a kit you never know what could happen (but yes a kit would be more complete).

Blown.
Friday, October 07, 2005 10:06 PM
so basically theres one choice for the eco and its hahn. theres got to be another!!
Friday, October 07, 2005 11:26 PM
of course there's more options out there..not many, but more. do a search and look for eco turbo setups. if you can't find much, talk to some of the turbo eco guys on here (search the reg) and ask for their opinions. although i'm more focused on s/c's, i can tell you that the hahn kit is your best bet.

if i may ask, why a stage II? are you going to be doing the installation? what other mods besides a kit are you planning on doing? have you thought about internal work?

just a word of caution - you get what you pay for. if you're only looking to spend a set limit, great, but don't count on having everything from the get-go. boost is a very big step and you need to have all your information before you begin. just don't be cheap about it (although 3500 isn't cheap..but there are always things you forget to factor in).

Blown.
Saturday, October 08, 2005 3:13 PM
I am in same boat as you
here are companies that should be releasing a turbo kit for automatics
www.jtuners.com they are developing and testing it
www.jbodyperformance.com they have on there website that they have a kit in the works
if open minded
and my want to try a supercharger
www.rsmracing.com
www.speedmafia.com i don't now the status of this kit
I spoke to transmission expert in my area and he said the auto trans likes to spit out front seals. he says it can be re -built better but not expect it to be bullet proof
Im still making payments on mine so i am waiting for the GM supercharger if it ever gets here
Saturday, October 08, 2005 3:33 PM
well i can probably get hahn kit without the pipes and get my own bent. i want stage 2 cause i want all the fule mods and intercoolers.
Saturday, October 08, 2005 3:44 PM
i got the rsm stage 1 s/c kit and im very happy with it, but if u want lots of power go with the hahn stage 2, it goes

Saturday, October 08, 2005 5:30 PM
Filip (The Polish Kid) wrote:the hahn stage II kit would be your best bet, you can get insane power with that kit. one downside is that they don't make it for auto's...but, you can redo the intercooler piping and make it fit. i think that might be the only modification. another downside is that i think it runs for 3800, but i'm not positive, you might want to email them about that.

frank at maximumboost.net has reasonably priced turbo kits ranging from stage 1 to 3. they're alot less expensive than others and they might have the only auto eco kit (but don't quote me on that). but before you buy it, do a search on what people think of him and his company. i'm not badmouthing him or his business, i'm just letting you know that you should search on what people have been saying. in my eyes, once he provides pictures of the kit finally installed on a car then he'll get credit.

other than that, try putting together your own custom kit, always alot more fun, alot more work, but costs alot less.

That's completely understandable. Depending on how things go, we should have pictures of an installed kit on a 2.2L within the next week, but we'll just have to wait and see..

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3

Sunday, October 09, 2005 8:25 AM
it's about time...this way people can get off your back Frank..
Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:53 AM
^^^exactly. i trust you frank and i know you'll come through. i opted for my rsm stage I kit because it was the kind of power i was looking for..not too much.

ghjorge - only one intercooler comes with kits..only one is needed for our cars (as far as i know). and don't just buy a kit and have someone put it on your car. what are you looking for in your car..daily driver or track/strip? how long do you plan on keeping your car? what kind of gains are you looking for? how much research have you done on boost in general, the eco engine, and, specifically, research on the hahn kit and other kits?

Blown.
Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:35 PM
Filip (The Polish Kid) wrote:^^^exactly. i trust you frank and i know you'll come through. i opted for my rsm stage I kit because it was the kind of power i was looking for..not too much.

ghjorge - only one intercooler comes with kits..only one is needed for our cars (as far as i know). and don't just buy a kit and have someone put it on your car. what are you looking for in your car..daily driver or track/strip? how long do you plan on keeping your car? what kind of gains are you looking for? how much research have you done on boost in general, the eco engine, and, specifically, research on the hahn kit and other kits?

i know theres only one intercooler that was a typo. i want the hahn kit without the pipes cause i have a auto and i plan on doing the install myself. its going to be my dd and its gonna have some balls. i have been looking at hahn for a long time and by all the posts on the kit its the best option for my needs.
Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:59 PM
sorry man, i'm just a perfectionist. didn't mean anything by it.

anyway, good luck with the turbo. hahn is a great choice and if you decide to go with it, you won't be disappointed.

Blown.
Sunday, October 09, 2005 5:34 PM
yeah i sent bill hahn jr. a email asking about a stage 2 kit i want to know if i could get it without the pipes and if that was the only thing that wouldnt kit a car with a auto.
Monday, October 10, 2005 7:27 PM
bump
i need to know what wont work on the auto before i buy it does anyone know.
Monday, October 10, 2005 8:58 PM
no one knows what exactly wont work on the autos. according to Hahn's own testing, and he told you this himself, the converter and other internal goodies just didnt like the boost. in my own personal talks with him he mentioned slippage at anything other than no throttle or full throttle. you can get the kit and try it out and let the world know.

just make sure you buy the kit from me and my shop

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, October 10, 2005 10:00 PM
hmm i dunno many people with the B&M shift plus says boost works great on their autos no slippage or whatever, i've always heard the getrag tranny is very weak and I agree because i had it in my sunfire and I would never have another one thats the reason my cavy is an auto, the getrags synchros wore very quick in my opinion and seemed shotty.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:03 PM
hypsy will you sell it for 3495 cause last time i checked u told me 3800 and turbo-kit.com has it for 3495. As soon as my cavy is sold il be buying a kit does anyone want to buy it send me a message if your interested.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:01 PM
HYpsy? whats your price and do i get a discount if i dont get the piping

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:09 PM
talk to bill Jorge. me and him came to an agreement for your situation. basically he's going to give you 2 choices. send him an email and he'll tell you about it. its now his call on what happens

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search