paco loco's ecotec dyno - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
paco loco's ecotec dyno
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:09 PM
at first it only put down about 220 or so. i was a little upset because it felt stronger than that. we soon found out from the collection of rubber from the front tires to the rear tires that the fronts were spinning on the dyno. so here it is.

same note on my cardomain site:
TURBO DYNO (boost was around 10.5-11psi with an a/f of 11.2 or so. We set the boost to 15 but the engine cannot push enough exhaust to support the turbo. I got this turbo with future plans in mind (head work and higher redline). On a bad note we ended up melting the heater core and now I am leaking coolant, for right now the heater core is bypassed, but it's back to being down for a while).

Re: paco loco's ecotec dyno
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:21 PM
wow nice man!!!

thats probly where I am about, I am on 10 psi

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:46 PM
Paco, beautiful numbers. That AF is great, but I'm drawn to the following quote: "The leaner, the meaner".

^ QBE how can you estimate that? Just a ridiculous claim, and it's not your spot light so why not assume in your own post?

Matt S.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:57 PM
just saying I have seen a few dynos with ecos on 10-11 psi all in the same neighborhood.. is it wrong to say I mgiht be in that same neighborhood.. no.. so stop trying to act tough..

paco has given me a lot of advice and parts advice and I owe him a lot of props.. i wa sin no wrong to say what I said...

paco loco once again good job... I need to get my rear to a dyno... actually just need the funds...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:12 PM
nice numbers man, good job.

the hard work is paying off

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:47 PM
sweet

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:58 PM
nice #'s man

if your online tommorow hit me up i need to ask you a few questions about injectors

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:55 AM
nice numbers. can you give us details on your fuel setup?

13 psi and climbing......

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:18 AM
daymm..you guys must walk s2000s left and right.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:15 AM
Such good numbers man. All of these eco's are stepping up it's awesome! Just curious, how many miles do most of you have on your eco's?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/448390

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:27 AM
I have about 22K and for last 10 K it has gone through pure hell.!!! lol
Good numbers, turn up the boost!!

Why does everyone give Phil such a hard time.?

BTW, now only thing you have to do is put those 240 to the ground and you got yourself some 12.90's.lol

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:38 AM
matts just jealous cause his car never runs right.. lol

damn pacao CRANK IT UP

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:34 AM
QBE, you haven't even met Matt in person. Matt would have to be the most likely person in the world not to get jealous over anything, especially a car.

Phil gets a hard time cuz there's a ton of speculation with him, never any proof.

O noes!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:15 AM
thread jack much?

back onto topic.. paco and his turbo beast.. and how he eneds to turn it up...!!!! come on man... we know these ecotecs are strong :muhaha:

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:55 AM
Thanks for the complements everyone.

LNtwoLDninety (Matt S.) wrote:Paco, beautiful numbers. That AF is great, but I'm drawn to the following quote: "The leaner, the meaner".

I wouldn't mind leaning it out a little, but right now I'm happy with how it feels. I still have the stock pos tires on the car (i think 195s), and traction is already an issue as it is. but all in due time

[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]if your online tommorow hit me up i need to ask you a few questions about injectors
I have class till 10. I'll get home and settled by about 10:45 or so, I'll try to get you then.

John H Cavalierkid wrote:nice numbers. can you give us details on your fuel setup?
255lph pump, 36lb saab 210t injectors (think they're the same as the cobalt ss but not 100% sure), aeromotive adjustable fuel regulator, cartech fmu, and modified L850 ('L' - eight - fifty) fuel rail (or as some others know it as the 2002 ecotec fuel rail). pics:

hstylez wrote:Such good numbers man. All of these eco's are stepping up it's awesome! Just curious, how many miles do most of you have on your eco's?

29800miles

SunCavi_L61T3/T04E wrote:Good numbers, turn up the boost!!
BTW, now only thing you have to do is put those 240 to the ground and you got yourself some 12.90's.lol

yea getting it to the ground is the hard part. I Have to do some mods to the head and computer before I can produce enough exhaust to get anymore boost. We set the boost controller to 15 and it still only pushed about 11. Turbo is slightly too big for the current application. I did this on purpose because of the later mods and goals I have in mind.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:36 AM
So that is a 02 eco? I remember hearing about how the 02 fuel rail waas different than the 03+ eco. Not sure how right i am on that. Would Cobalt SS injectors or the Saab ones you have plug right into a 03+ eco without any modding?...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/448390

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:43 AM
there use to be an ultimate eco injector thread with valuable info, but it has since been archieved and the info unaccessable. i have an 03 eco. these injectors will plug into an 03 rail but... spacers are needed.

check out this page

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:16 PM
paco where did you get that aluminum bung for the return thing on the rail

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:44 PM
paco loco I Have to do some mods to the head and computer before I can produce enough exhaust to get anymore boost. We set the boost controller to 15 and it still only pushed about 11. Turbo is slightly too big for the current application. I did this on purpose because of the later mods and goals I have in mind.[/quote wrote:
What size turbo are you running? That T3/T4 doesnt even look THAT big. Maybe you are just having issues with the boost controller.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:45 PM
yea, i dont like html..

paco loco wrote: I Have to do some mods to the head and computer before I can produce enough exhaust to get anymore boost. We set the boost controller to 15 and it still only pushed about 11. Turbo is slightly too big for the current application. I did this on purpose because of the later mods and goals I have in mind.

What size turbo are you running? That T3/T4 doesnt even look THAT big. Maybe you are just having issues with the boost controller.

13.2 @ 108 mph
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:57 PM
Dammmn, is that a stock dyno number in your reg? Now you've gotten over 100 Hp on your setup if thats the case. Wow, good job man.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:24 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:paco where did you get that aluminum bung for the return thing on the rail

had it made. i have extras. if interested let me know. I only have about 4 left.

Adler wrote:
paco loco wrote: I Have to do some mods to the head and computer before I can produce enough exhaust to get anymore boost. We set the boost controller to 15 and it still only pushed about 11. Turbo is slightly too big for the current application. I did this on purpose because of the later mods and goals I have in mind.

63 trim. it is possible that the controller is not functioning like it should, i could have easily hooked the vacuum lines up wrong. during the dyno i switched the lines going into the solenoids around and it still read basically the same way. so i'm left thinking that im not pushing enough exhaust from a. having it hooked up completely wrong and the wastegate is not opening up period or b. it's hooked up right (on one of the tries) and it just doesn't have enough a§§ to push the compressor wheel. but when the car is taken back apart, i will recheck just about everything i can.

WHITECAVY wrote:Dammmn, is that a stock dyno number in your reg? Now you've gotten over 100 Hp on your setup if thats the case. Wow, good job man.

it's the base dyno (with a 62mm tb, wai, motor and tranny mounts). so i did pick up over a 100hp. i'm pretty happy to be able to say we put something together that acheived this; who knows, hopefully alder is right, maybe the boost controller is not working properly and there is more room for boost. if this is the case the smile is only getting bigger .

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:29 PM
alder, also if you notice from 3500 to 4900 rpm the horsepower and torque varies. i know what some may think, heat soak; but this is not necessarily the case. when we pulled up the f2 screen, a graphless dyno sheet, boost varried as much as 1.5psi at the same rpm with the a/f the same. this supports your idea that the controller is not functioning properly.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:13 PM
Can you be more descriptive on what size turbo you are running...example..I have a T3/T4 60 trim compressor with a .48 a/r turbine housing with a stage 3 wheel.

Get that boost controller hooked up correctly and TURN UP DA BOOOST!!!!

13.2 @ 108 mph

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:33 PM
geez, man i bought this thing 2 years ago. all i remember is it's a t3/t4 to4e 63 trim ceramic dual ball bearing stage 5 turbo....
alright after doing some relative distance measuring it looks to be about a .5 a/r. the exhaust outlet is 2.5" compression side of the turbo is 2.0" piping and the relative distances measured is about 4.0" therefore giving us roughly .5 a/r so it could possibly be .5+-.02

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search