o2 simulator - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
o2 simulator
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:48 PM
do i need to get an o2 simulator when i get the turbo up and running or can i just tap into my down pipe and it work the same as before? or will the boost make it all crazy and check engine lights come on?

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Re: o2 simulator
Monday, October 03, 2005 8:13 PM
The 02 simulator is for the second 02 sensor- if you wanted to get rid of the cat...

The car wouldnt run right without the 1st o2 sensor..

Boosted or not- exhaust is exhaust.

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:05 PM
RedDevil wrote:The 02 simulator is for the second 02 sensor- if you wanted to get rid of the cat...

The car wouldnt run right without the 1st o2 sensor..

Boosted or not- exhaust is exhaust.

^^ what he said. If your car is a 1995 like mine, you don't have a rear cat. I haven't checked your reg so I have no idea. However, chances are you do have a rear cat. Eliminating a rear cat in the event you are running boost will help your low end. It won't be as noisy as running anti-cat with a non-boosted car because turbochargers dramatically quiet down your exhaust tone. But in order not to throw a CEL, yes a o2 Sim is needed.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, October 03, 2005 11:06 PM
by not having a rear cat, i mistyped. i meant o2 sensor in your cat. every cav has a rear cat... cause it's the only cat lol.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:50 AM
haha that was kinda funny.........

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 2:39 AM
i was wondering about the 2nd o2 sensor.. since i live in canada there are no emissions testing or 2 year inspections. so someone can use a simulator to remove the cat. i'd like a good cat for my car. i cant stand the smell of unburnt exhaust.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:48 PM
Just do a manual O2 sim. Works much better. Here is a link http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=314047&t=313224#314047

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search