Update on my "blown motor" - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Update on my "blown motor"
Monday, September 26, 2005 10:21 PM
Well Im pissed as all hell right now.... lemme explain

Im sure most of you read my previous thread where I was told by a GM dealer that my bottom end was bad or another shattered lifter. So I ordered all the parts to rebuid the bottom end and as of tonight we pulled the motor out of hte car (pics tomorrow btw).

Low and behold what do we find... not a bottom end problem in sight, not a shattered lifter anywhere in the head...

One of the springs I got from JBP (Jbody Performance) was defective and broke. Mind you this happened less then 24hrs after I rebuild the motor the first time around. I almost flipped my sh*t right there.

Granted I am going to do the pistons and rings regardless now, Im kinda aggrevated that I am out a car for a second month straight because of a bad part that I was given.

So naturally a certain shop is going to get a very angry phone call tomorrow from a certain someone.

I should have it back running by sunday Im hoping... maybe monday the latest. The block is going out tomorrow to the machine shop. Just thought I would share.... Ill keep you guys updated

Re: Update on my "blown motor"
Monday, September 26, 2005 10:22 PM
good to hear. sorry to hear about JBP. that's odd.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, September 26, 2005 10:54 PM
wow that rots dude , give that shop hell i know i would

Monday, September 26, 2005 11:34 PM
I was deff stunned myself, but all the new goodies and soem powdercoating will make it all worth it in the end. Since I am gonna be rippin the head down, again, I am gonna do alittle more porting on it . Now if Black can remeber his camera tyou guys can get some pics

2002 Z28: Slp coldair Pac, Corsa Catback, 3200 stall

Monday, September 26, 2005 11:39 PM
10$ says no pics

Sorry about your troubles...glad to hear it's almost on the road again.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:36 AM
yeah, suprised to hear this about JBP... really good shop, good ppl.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:14 PM
Allright well I just gave em a call and they are gonna overnight me a spring which is really good of them.... so hopefully Ill have this up and running sooner then later

Re: Update on my
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:29 PM
Hang in there! A broken valve spring is not unheard of, but it's just an example of the risks one takes when modifying a car. Stock may suck, but non-stock can drive you NUTS when it comes to pulling it all together into a cohesive finished product. It's really a HUGE challenge, and I commend you for having the courage and determination to modify your car.

I'm sure JBP was aghast when hearing of your problem, and unless they are winding those springs themselves in the back room (highly unlikely!), there's not much they can be taken to task for, beyond the basic responsibility of replacing the defective product, and then taking the issue up with their spring supplier.

Seems you have the right idea...take these lemons and make Lemonade! There's only one way I've learned to never encounter this kind of problem: leave it stock. LOL...like THAT's gonna happen!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:13 PM
Gotta get this back together and runnin strong so I can start project M62 or M90. Shhhhh I will be taking the whole winter to do this. Ls1 Cam swaps come first and have 3 to do.

2002 Z28: Slp coldair Pac, Corsa Catback, 3200 stall

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:13 PM
My blower is gonna be almost as big as my motor lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search