Lean Idle question ASAP - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lean Idle question ASAP
Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:00 AM
hey we just got the turbo all buttoned up and the safc2 on and now the car runs very lead at idle but we kept throwing more fuel at it and it still runs lean. what can we check to see whats wrong please help.

Re: Lean Idle question ASAP
Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:51 AM
are u sure its lean ? do you have a wideband hooked up so you know exactly what you a/f ratio is? what injectors are you running and what do you have your safc set to for your lo throttle at 1000rpms? answer those questions and im sure i can help ya out.

607 Motorsports is your one stop performance and car specialties shop, we can do anything your imagination holds. Check us out at www.cardomain.com/id/jimmyc99z24
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:23 AM
any car run lean at idle. you won't find a car running stoich at idle.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:18 AM
we are using a wideband to tell us whats going on she gets as high as 19-20 on the wideband then she stalls out . i have 35lb ford brown top injectors and we have tried to increase fuel at low throttle at idle to get her more ritch but she wont change . could it be a wiring problem with the safc 2 please help me out on this one.
Monday, September 26, 2005 8:20 PM
bump
Monday, September 26, 2005 9:06 PM
How lean are you talking, if its around 15 then you are good cause you aren't under boost when you are idleing, I think a stock engine's mixture is about 14.5
Monday, September 26, 2005 9:22 PM
try 17-20 or to where it just says lean and spits and sputters
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search