lean at idle, rich when cruising - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lean at idle, rich when cruising
Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:44 AM
hey i got the gm s/c on with pacesetter header, 2.25" exhaust, bored t/b as far as major upgrades and it seems like my car is running lean at idle as in say stop lights and stuff it trys to stall out (automatic) when you give it gas to go and when im cruising the a/f gauge is going to the max rich level, i turned the screw on the throttle up so it idles alittle higher and that helps sometimes but it still does it, will the apexi s-afc do the trick in fixing it or what cause im getting dyno'd soon as i get the controller so i can see how if helped me. thanks

Re: lean at idle, rich when cruising
Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:58 AM
many gm s/c and turbo guys have this exact problem, its actually not a lean problem at all its a too rich at idle problem, the only way to fix it will be to get yourself an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and turn your fuel pressure down a bit. Im not sure what setup your running as far as injectors or anything but with my ford brown tops im running 29psi at idle and im taking out 45% at 1000 rpms with the safc2. This is the only way i can get my car to run smooth in city driving, 28psi makes it bog and 30psi makes it stall go figure. If your running the gm s/c injectors you shouldnt need an Apexi the afpr should do the trick for you, and if your interested i have one id sell, its the casper electronics billet aluminum one adjustable from 35-60psi, i had to fabricate an LT1 accell one to work on my car as i needed my f/p much lower with the brown tops. Let me know

607 Motorsports is your one stop performance and car specialties shop, we can do anything your imagination holds. Check us out at www.cardomain.com/id/jimmyc99z24
Re: lean at idle, rich when cruising
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:23 AM
lean at Idle is normal. stoich or rich is a problem.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search