TURBO or SUPERCHARGER - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TURBO or SUPERCHARGER
Friday, September 23, 2005 8:04 PM
should i go with a T3 turbo or a GM supercharger? which would be best to reach 250 hp with minimum upgrades to the internals? Could it be done? Oh yeah this would be on a 04' 4dr. auto ecotec......sleeper

Re: TURBO or SUPERCHARGER
Friday, September 23, 2005 8:06 PM
Turbo
Friday, September 23, 2005 9:59 PM
no offense Jorge...but you dont have enough knowledge to have your vote count. Just this week you were asking basica questions. Please if you want your vote to count as least give a reason to make it seem like your choice is valid.

basically the choice all depends on what you want. do you want ONLY 250 and nothing more? do you want to keep going once that feels like nothing (like most of us)? do you need it as a daily driver?

these are all things that need to be considered. i personally know a ecotec can hold 16PSI from my turbo no problem...but some might not want to push a stock motor that much. i mean the motor can take it....can you?

answer those questions and we can help you out more.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:09 PM
Personally, the way Eco's are set up, I see them being a better turbo motor than anything. With a good tuning platform, I see 250 whp being no big deal on stock bottom end honestly.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, September 26, 2005 7:47 AM
i would have to vote turbo also it would just be alot easier getting a turbo charged engine to 250 then a sc'ed one

or you can do the charger and nitrous -- it all depends on what your immediate and long term goals are

Monday, September 26, 2005 8:54 AM
Well i do use it as a daily driver and i would like to some day hit 300 hp but for now my goal would be 250? what about the transmission ? what could i do? it's an auto....
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:25 PM
250 hp is a moderately high level of power for a daily driver, especially around winter season. however, with that motor, and a good tune (not an FMU) i see that being no problem

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:59 PM
Actually I'm not going to use it in the winter time...... NOPE...more mods comming this winter. tirng to get it ready for next years summer.......lol
Monday, September 26, 2005 3:27 PM
hypsy wrote: i personally know a ecotec can hold 16PSI from my turbo no problem...but some might not want to push a stock motor that much. i mean the motor can take it....can you?

16 psi on a completely stock motor? im assuming thats tuned....but with stock injectors and fuel pump? would that require a reflash?

im the biggest newb to turbo's in j's......i know turbo's but from a DSM'er stand point....
Monday, September 26, 2005 3:45 PM
no one ever said i had stock injectors or a stock pump only. i currently have 330cc injectors and a second fuel pump inline to boost the pressure. and its only tuned by a FMU with a 6:1 disk and a lot of dyno time

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, September 26, 2005 4:29 PM
So what PSI should i run at and with what size of injectors? what about the fuel pump? what would ya'll recommend? sorry about all the questions, i would just like to do this right the first time without any damage to the motor......thanks

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:35 AM
hypsy wrote:no one ever said i had stock injectors or a stock pump only. i currently have 330cc injectors and a second fuel pump inline to boost the pressure. and its only tuned by a FMU with a 6:1 disk and a lot of dyno time

thats about cooler than my life.....your car ownz my life

i wasn't trying to disagree about your injectors or pump if you took any offense...i was just wondering...thats amazing PSI from a non turbo car from the factory....that seriously made me think about turboing mine now.....screw trying to get power N/A.....what kind of HP/TQ numbers does that put down?
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:49 AM
Check the GM Ecotec build book, do a quick search, somebody will have a link to it.

It has parts lists and build procedures to 250, 400, 600, 1000 and 1400 hp on the ecotec.

It also talks about how safe power levels are on various parts. The stock internals are good for 275 hp according to the build book.

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:32 AM
TURBO,

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:33 AM
TURBO,

im taking the charger off as soon as ive got all the parts....

just not fast enuf yet.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:52 AM
squisher00z24 wrote:The stock internals are good for 275 hp according to the build book.
actuly its only 250 (its on page 41).

I have been considering the same thing and i plan on going turbo with the gm reflash but it probly wont be untill spring that i start buliding my kit

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:19 AM
GUYS ........let me just say THANKS....alot...... my questions are now answered. I'm thinking of just going for the 400 HP instead of 250 .........lol...............
TURBO IT IS.....again THANKS

by the way does any one now where i could order the GM ecotec build book? Could i just buy it at our local GM dealer?......
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:23 PM
yah i want to know where i can order the build book from.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:00 PM
hypsy13: tell them that damn build book aint a friggin bible

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:54 PM
rob (the one with the vette) wrote:hypsy13: tell them that damn build book aint a friggin bible

no, but Maximum Boost is

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search