my new boost device - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my new boost device
Monday, August 22, 2005 1:08 PM
well Im well on my way to geeting boosted. it's fun as hell watching parts come in the mail. DHL man is my best freind now. any way I had to post some pictures on here because I had a few questions.

The turbo is 60/68 its internally gated and its mint.

Problem is the guy wont tell me what it peaks at. Im going to try to get in touch with KKK also with this wastegate does any know how to adjust it. Im not sure a boost controoler will work. also does any one know what this littler meatal tube coming out of the compressor housing.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "

Re: my new boost device
Monday, August 22, 2005 1:17 PM
Hey, nice turbo. The little tube coming from the compressor is for the boost signal to the wastegate. And yes you can use a boost controller on it. Just put a boost controller between the compressor tube side and the wastegate side and you can adjust accordingly. By the way, how much did you pay for it and where did ya get it from?

T04B V-trim baby.....Time to Open a Can of Whoop A S S !!!
Monday, August 22, 2005 1:57 PM
drooooooooollllllll!!!
Monday, August 22, 2005 5:18 PM
167 on ebay. this was three months int the making. I was waiting forever to get one ask deekster jones. as for the tube there is a hole in the wastegate but I cant figure out how to get a tube in there

Monday, August 22, 2005 5:22 PM
you can see the whole on the waste gate.

Monday, August 22, 2005 5:30 PM
sorry one last thing. (we need an edit button) the hole is theraded. Im guessing that there is a fitting that screws in then connects to a tube does any one have an idea how to figure this out. also does anyone know where I can find info on my turbo.

Monday, August 22, 2005 10:58 PM
I would do a search on the web using numbers found on the turbo something is bound to come up.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:22 AM
i think the tiny metal tube goes into the top of the wastegate, dunno what the hole is for tho

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:33 AM
the small hole on the side is the boost / vac port the top one is the refrence or controll port. if you put a boost / vac line just on the one on the end the boost pressure will keep that wastegate closed (bad) what your suposed to do with a wastegate like that is either just run the line to the side one and let the spring inside determine the boost, hook a bleed type boost controller in line to controll boost, or do it right and put straight line to the side port and a regulator style boost controller on the controll port. that will make it hold the wastegate closed until its time to open and when it does itl be almost instant. that way your turbos not working against a wastegate thats starting to open early.

Def a sweet turbo ya got there. the wastegate is right where it needs to be.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:57 AM
that 60/68 will be great for 400 hp with your setup.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:53 PM
so basicly what your saying is that ethir way a boost/vac line goes between the little nipple and the hole in the wastegate. but what I need is a regulator style boost controller. either waya line goes between both holes.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:50 AM
i didint mention the hole on the compressor. is kinda early in the "snail" so i woundint say its a good boost source. there is a boss on the outlet thats not drilled on yours, you often find one there.

I was speaking of the small threaded hole and the nipple on the end of the wastegate. the small threaded hole being the boost port and the nipple being the controll port. Happy boosting

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:10 PM
That helps a bit the only problem now is that the boost is set to 10 psi The guy I have been talking to isnt very helpful. (busy doesnt want to help whatever) point is he sent me an email with a small description that also doesnt help. it looks like Im gonna have to build my car for tenlbs of bosot. or more.

The boost is set to 10psi. It can be changed by removing the black cap on
the diaphragm, loosen the lock bolt, then tighten for more boost, and loosen
for less boost. also the closer to the turbo that the wastegate gets its
pressure from the lower boost at the manifold will be

This was his reply can any one make any sense of this. I took off the red wastegate the whole assembly came off. there is the plates that I belive route boost flow. Im thinking that the red cap has come off. But I have know idea how to remove it.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:53 AM
the lowest possible boost will be determined by that spring. w/o proper documentation for the turbo / wastegate it will be hard to determine what that pressure is w/o putting pressure on it and seeing when it opens. im sure theres a solution out there for lowering the minimum boost pressure to open it. ofcourse that wont limit the max boost until you get to the point where exaust gas pressures start to force the valve back. i would recomend making a rig with a bicycle pump with a gauge and GENTLY testing it to see when it opens. and i mean a manual pump NOT a compressor.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search