2.2l boost ?'s - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2l boost ?'s
Monday, August 22, 2005 6:05 PM
I own a 99 GMC sonoma... it has a 2.2L motor in it, my questions are:

is it the same block as cavalier/sunfires
will one of the manifolds bolt up to this block
what type of turbo would be best for this motor

any info/links would be helpful

THANKS Mike

Re: 2.2l boost ?'s
Monday, August 22, 2005 7:06 PM
I know my friends S10 has my same 2200 motor, just twisted around a different way, with a different intake mani on it! Also sporting a tranny going to the rear unlike mine. I've seen a boosted S10 using the same motor as I but he had no knowledge of it being of the same mani type as mine! It looked to be exactly alike and the difference between the exhaust mani's between the different year 2.2's from 98-02 have not changed much at all.

All header options fit between the years and truthfully only huge changes I know of from the 95-97 2.2 and the 98-02 2.2 on the exhaust mani is port size and or configuration. It's not off by much and wasn't that huge of a problem for some. There is a obx header for a 95-97 that fits the 98-02 2200 but is only slightly bigger in diameter, which isn't bad! Reason I stated that was to show that much wasn't changed from the different 2.2 non-eco series engines which may show that there's no chage a all for your application also.

What I recommend is look out for the ebayer who sells turbo mani's for the 2200 series motor for around $149.99 if I believe. Use the Buy It Now option and get it, put it on and see what the deal is, if it doesn't fit you can easily sell it on here, HAH, I might buy it off you! So there's no big problem there.

Also for the turbo option, for our 2200's we've come to the conclusion that the Super 60 is the best option. I know the 2200 used for the trucks was made with more Tq than the 220 found in the J-platforms so that may be a different story. I'm sure Pj the FlyingSquirrel can do a flow chart for your motor to find out what is best if need be.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search