97 Eclipse Turbo On My 05? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 Eclipse Turbo On My 05?
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 4:38 PM
Got $1500 bucks and a turbo from my buddys 97 eclipse (He upgraded) he said i can have the intercooler for a price to.. but im gunna stick with basic. Here is the Question!
Is there a header out there that will fit to this turbo (I will post the model tommorow, My cars an 05 cavi with ac) or an adapter? Also Can i just goto a shop with a pipe bender to have the the intake and exaust plumbing done?

Re: 97 Eclipse Turbo On My 05?
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:42 PM
factory turbo right? T25? From what i've been told and read, just about anyone here who offers a turbo manifold can make one with that flange. It'll run outta breath at top end though, but if it's free and you're not looking to make thousands and thousands of hp it should work just fine. As far as the pipe bending, i think any muffler shop can take care of that. I don't know exactly how much it'll hurt flow if their crush bent though
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:31 PM
those T25s suck. Even the larger 1st gen TD05 14b turbo is basically too small to run on a J-body. You are better off with a T3.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:33 AM
Yeah Pretty sure it's a t25. I'm not looking to run high boost either. My car is still under warranty!! Wont be soon though.... I'm thinking of running 5-8 psi Cause i'm going to need a year or two to save for new internals and clutch. I don't think i wanna go e-bay for the manifold but i don't wanna spend over $500 Canadian for it. I had one quoted from caviextreme for $360 us Shipped! which i think is a good price. Should i consider buying the inter-cooler of my buddy to? i herd that running hot boost might start detonation, is that true? Also Should i use a waste gate? Whats the difference from a external or an internal, one's in the turbo one's not?

Appreciate the help!
Cant wait to burn my Potenza's, lol right now it wont even squawk!
Makes a lame Swish. =(
Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:16 AM
Quote:

I don't think i wanna go e-bay for the manifold

Quote:

I had one quoted from caviextreme for $360 us Shipped!

Cav extreme is just reselling a manifold from the e-bay guy. Basically ripping you off for $175. Save yourself some money and e-mail the ebay guy, I have one of his manifolds, its decent for the price.

Definatley get the intecooler. Your gonna want one eventually and have to redo your charge pipes. Better off spending an extra $100-200 to intercool it now, and save the hassel of redoing it later.
Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:54 AM
Good to know! Thanks man. MY other question, Does the e-bay guy sell a downpipe that will fit this t25 and how much do they go for?
Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:23 AM
The T25 has an internal wastegate, but i'm not sure on how many lbs of boost it produces. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the T25 use the same flange as T3's, or they're from the same family (atleast the turbine housing). I remember readin something on dsmforums about a guy with a 2nd gen eclipse runnin a t3/t4 with the factory exhaust manifold.
Thursday, July 28, 2005 1:13 PM
Ok so i got ahold of my friend he says it's a t25. What else am i going to need besides a down pipe, exaust manifold, oil lines, intercooler and Bent pipes for the intake? I was looking at some of the turbos online and was wondering if im going to need some kind of flange for the intake pre or post charge section of the turbo, or can i just have pipes fitted to the turbo?
Thursday, July 28, 2005 1:26 PM
Not sure if the t25 was water cooled or not, but if so....get those lines too. Fuel management etc etc. As far as the compressor discharge, you can have that welded to the I/C pipe, or use a silicon hose connector, but i'd stay away from the worm gear connects and go with t-bolt clamps. You won't need an adapter for the intake side, unless you're talkin about going into the compressor. Can't remember if it has a flange to connect the intake to the turbo
Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:43 PM
no the T25 is not watercooled. Yes I am sure it's a T25. No, I would not ever run the T25 on your car. Besides, the T25 uses a different flange than you will find on any Cavalier turbo manifold. The T25 does not use a 4 bolt T3 flange.

Friday, July 29, 2005 1:10 PM
t25's are @!#$ty...

and btw...that ebay guy selling those manifolds...is probably Frank from Cavalierextreme anyways lol...

Franks manifolds are good

SPONSORED BY: CAVALIER EXTREME

Friday, July 29, 2005 4:26 PM
95CavBlue wrote:t25's are @!#$ty...

and btw...that ebay guy selling those manifolds...is probably Frank from Cavalierextreme anyways lol...

Franks manifolds are good

If Brian starts stockpiling his manifolds, I'll buy an equal length Exploited Racing manifold before I buy a log style manifold that looks like it was put together in shop class.

Friday, July 29, 2005 6:11 PM
Uhhh,,, T25's are water-cooled.
Friday, July 29, 2005 6:35 PM
Also, The stock internal wastegate on one of those is sprung for something like 10- 11lbs and the opening for the intake is only about 2 inches wide. Its a small turbo but if the price is close to free its worth it. If you can get a decent manifold you can bolt on almost anything. Whether a mitsu turbo (14b,16g,20g or one of the many other bolton "50 trims" ,greens,60-1,, etc. for cheap

A first generation 14b would be much better though, I don't think theres many people on this site who have a setup too extreme for a 14b, unless there running faster then 11.2.
Saturday, July 30, 2005 11:31 AM
t3's are to small for our cars..... just go and by a t3/04e . they are only like 450.... you can make your own turbo kit for way less than 2 grand if you shop right...

just buy oem parts from various turbo cars...
like DSM 1g BOV....
saab viggen intercooler....
and so on....

just make sure the fuel system is your main priority, then oil supply /return and you will have no problems.

This months projects: Completion and Installation of Homemade Turbo System, Brakes, Fiberglass sparetire enlcosure and amp rack.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search