Coolingmist ? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coolingmist ?
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 2:13 PM
Is anyone using the coolingmist setup with their charger? If you are, how do you like it? What should I expect to gain out of this mod? I just put a charger on my car and it is running the stock pulley. I would like to put on the coolingmist setup and then do the 2.7 pulley. Please leave your opinion.

Re: Coolingmist ?
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 2:32 PM
i havent seen their site , but i do plan on some kind of alky injection system for mine

i know ill need it here in az with our 115+ degree temp days

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 2:41 PM
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 4:56 PM
www.cooling-mist.com, id also like to know of some people who have had experience with this kit, im going to be running it on my s/c setup with the 2.6" pulley.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:19 PM
I have it on my vortech took a few hours to install to my liking i have no dyno numbers or temp specs at this point to provide

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:23 PM
well after i install my s/c , ill have temp #'s for with out it , since ive got the areoforce scan gauge right now

and i do plan on using some companies alky injection kit , i just dont know how soon i can afford the alky kit

but i have seen alot of drag cars running straight alky freeze the intake manifold

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:05 PM
i have the coolingmist kit.

look up my post about it as i am too lazy to type about it.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:57 AM
I have a diagnostic tool that gives me sensor information and I have seen intake temps up to 160* on a 95* day. That was also with a true cold air intake in the fenderwell.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:31 AM
my intake temps with out the s/c have been as high as 220 with a warm air intake , on a 105+ day

and with the cai ive seen the intake temps run 150 -160 in stop and go , and 100-125 while moving on 110+ days , ive seen the temp as low as 85 in the mornings after its rained

Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:54 AM
i use the dei cryo2 intercooler sprayer fuelrail and air charger you barely need a radiator
Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:08 PM
Jake wrote:i have the coolingmist kit.

look up my post about it as i am too lazy to type about it.

I looked up your posts on this and one of them said you needed to buy a different pressure switch, Why did you need to do this?

Thursday, July 28, 2005 9:38 PM
all kits now come with the 1-25 switch from coolingmist

Friday, July 29, 2005 5:48 PM
Hey Guys, I've just recently finished installing the 100psi cooling mist kit with angled nozzle,clogged nozzle switch, boost switch, pump, led, tank and all misc wire. I've only had it out twice but the one time I was out it was about 92 degrees and I was impressed! I would have normally seen only 5psi and have the embree 7psi pulley.I saw at least 6.5 psi if not a little higher. Still working on adjusting the boost switch at when it actually ativates the pump but I was impressed. As far as my egt gauge, I normally see about 1250 cruising at about 60-65, more speed higher temps. This time when I speed up, which activated injection my temps actually went down with more speed so it does help. Currently using -20 degree washer fluid but waiting on another mix.
Saturday, July 30, 2005 6:32 AM
^ glad to hear it worked out for ya.

DID you get the angled injector part with the kit? Should have asked me, Home Depot has it for 2$ in their brass fitting section.

I have a activation light that i got from autozone that i have to install.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 10:46 AM
hmmm where to find this angled head at home depot? what are the chances they would have the different "pills" that go into the injectors to controll the flow?? i need one that flows more! air is still too hot

Monday, August 01, 2005 8:28 AM
that angled peice is in the brass fitting section. Just take your little injector brass thingy to home depot and check it out. Take a print out of the angle injector from cooling mist and compare it. you will find it.

Monday, August 01, 2005 5:19 PM
I had their dual stage 100 psi system on my SRT-4. With no other changes, the car gained 15 whp in 80 degree weather with it activated.

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.
91 Cavalier Wagonstein - Turbocharged wagon goodness
You can take my rifle when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Monday, August 01, 2005 5:24 PM
doesnt feel like its making a difference but i guess it is

Monday, August 01, 2005 5:34 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:doesnt feel like its making a difference but i guess it is

You do know that you've got to tune it in to get power gains, right? Right out of the box and untuned, the system gave my car an extra 5 hp. Once it was tuned in though, it gave 15 extra hp. I couldn't feel the 5 hp differance but I sure could feel the 15 hp increase!

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Monday, August 01, 2005 6:14 PM
id rather not do that because I dont always run the kit , i have a toggle switch to flip rather than hardwiring it into the ignition switch. and since my fuel curve is on a reflashed stock pcm id need a tech 2 to change it not something i have access to

Monday, August 01, 2005 6:20 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:id rather not do that because I dont always run the kit , i have a toggle switch to flip rather than hardwiring it into the ignition switch. and since my fuel curve is on a reflashed stock pcm id need a tech 2 to change it not something i have access to

No, you've got me wrong. You need to tune the water injection system. By adjusting the line pressure(on the pump), the nozzle size, and the activation points you tune the system. You'd be amazed at how big of a differance there is once it gets tuned in.

I didn't change ANYTHING on my SRT-4 as far as tuning. I only tuned the water injection system in, then turned it on and off at the dyno and got 15 whp differance.

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:08 PM
I just bought the 150psi kit, I'll let you know how it works with my turbo.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:08 PM
Well, I got my kit a day early and put it in tonight. Now my Intake temps have gone down to 117* when beating on it during boost. When it comes off of boost it drops rapidly to around 102*-104*. It turns on at 1 Psi. I still need to mess around with the line pressure.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:11 PM
I would increase that a bit from 1 psi to up around 3-5 psi. I had better results on my car from raising the activating point from 4 psi to 7 psi.

It also depends on what kind of boost you're running. It also depends on what kind of air/fuel ratios you're running.

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:13 PM
i also had mine set at 1psi , because i only have 5psi of boost , i cant really make much of it till i get to a dyno

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search