wanting to boost 2200 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wanting to boost 2200
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:27 PM
Ok I've just hit 50,000 on my engine. everything is good to go on my engine, oil changes every 3,000 regular maintenance and all. I can get the turbo parts and everything needed through my small town autoshop i own at good prices. My question is how hard is it to boost a 2200, I know how to do all the installation and everything but what I'm really asking is the important stuff- timing issues, A/F control, engine cooling(exc. FMIC), exc.exc. could you guys hit me back and let me know what i'm gonna get into i'm not to worried about cost as i have already said. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

4 months in Korea = 17" rims
4 months in Iraq = Bodykit
Not having mommy and daddy pay for everything = priceless

Re: wanting to boost 2200
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:34 PM
its about as difficult as any other boost project when you think about it. tuning all depends on how much money you spend and how well you want it tuned. Personally I say go with Greddy E-manage for tuning over an FMU. It's more expensive but you have much more control. Engine cooling isn't really that bad. Even with an FMIC, it doesn't seem to be too bad. Some of the boosted guys on here with large FMIC's will tell you how well it works for them. But until your motor is built and you are running lots of boost, you don't need a HUGE FMIC. A smaller FMIC will suit just fine for now. Take a look around this forum and see what people are using for fuel delivery and everything.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Re: wanting to boost 2200
Thursday, July 28, 2005 9:05 AM
2200 is almost the perfect engine to boost it is a small powerplant .so what if its small
use it in a big way. ive been in a boosted j for about 3 1/2 years it was very difficult for me to get my sunfire tuned. just getting a turbomanifold turned out to be a custom job. at the time they were not making the kits. i used a obx 421 an fabricated a flange .10 psi
i good enough for me
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search