ford brown tops on a 99??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ford brown tops on a 99???
Monday, July 25, 2005 9:49 PM
ok i just bought a gm s/c kit from a buddy of mine and the kit comes with the ford brown tops, he was running the kit on a 96 grand am gt, so my question is will these injectors work on my 99 2.4? If not what do i need as far as modification? This is really the only thing im unsure about so all your help will be incredibly appreciated, thanks guys

Re: ford brown tops on a 99???
Monday, July 25, 2005 11:49 PM
yea those will work on ur car, but you need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator atleast to go with them or they wont do much good. i have them on my ga with a turbo.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:07 AM
well if they will work on my car that would be perfect, im going to be running a 2.6" pulley so id like to have the added fuel in case i need it, i also will be running an afpr, i have the casper one for it. Also running the cooling mist alchy injection and a 35 shot of nitrous, it is my hopes when its all said and done to hit 12's and still be a daily driver Before anyone says BOOM !!! the engine is built, oliver rods/pistons, cryotreated crank, and full arp bottom end. Anyways if anyone else can verify that the brown tops will work in my car pleaseeee chime in, thanks
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:13 AM
My 1998 ECU is reflashed to a 1999... I'm running brown tops on my turbo setup just fine.

Get a S-AFC and a AFPR to cut fuel at idle though, or you'll hate the car.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:45 PM
ive got the casper adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the setup im going to be running, i also tapped my fuel rail and installed a fuel pressure gauge, i wont be installing this kit and everything for about a week because im waiting on a few parts to come in, but any advice you have as to what f/p to look for? I was thinking about 35psi at idle, anyone have any other opinions feel free to help
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:28 PM
inline fuel pump might also help if u need that much more fuel.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:54 AM
The brown tops will work, but you have to change the injector harness to match the injector. I am running into the same issue with the red tops

Jason
99 Z24
#25 to register on JBO!!
Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:32 AM
hmmm ok well i can do that, which harness though? like a pre 99 2.4? Then just cut out the old harness and splice in the new harness? If thats the case i can do that without a problem, i'll just hit the local pick a part and grab the entire harness, i wanna grab an extra fuel rail to tap and add a fp gauge to anyways.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:51 AM
Quote:

The brown tops will work, but you have to change the injector harness to match the injector. I am running into the same issue with the red tops

He means your gonna need the injector clips (plugs) from the ford style car it came from or buy them brand new and splice them into your harness. your plugs wont fit on them.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 4:54 PM
gotcha, my question is can i simply go buy an entire harness from a pre 99 2.4 and just splice that entire harness into mine, that way i could have the clips for the older low impedance injectors?
Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:26 AM
any help here guys ??? do i need to buy a ford harness or can i just simply get a pre 99 2.4 harness and splice that in? i have a pre 99 harness sitting in my shop as we speak so if thats the case id just cut the old harness out and splice that one in, solder and heat shrink it and be good to go, let me know guys, time ticking till im gonna be installing all of this fun stuff

Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:06 AM
just keep your stock harness and unplug your stock injectors...taqke out your stock injectors...put in the brown tops....cut the pugs off your stock harness and wire in the ford clips either by soldering..or elec. tape or whatever you wish to do. Its not that hard to understand. Its just 2 wires to each injector.
Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:04 PM
deekster thank you for clarifying now its completely clear and simple, ill just go get myself some ford clips from the dealership next week and solder and heat shrink those in, i'll do it all right, im not a huge fan of just electrical taping things. Thanks again man for helping
Friday, July 29, 2005 11:17 AM
good luck =)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search