what do u think about this - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do u think about this
Saturday, July 23, 2005 7:15 PM
well ive been peicing together a turbo kit some what and ive come together with all this i just wondering what everyone would think about this turbo for my 2.4 I think it would be decent for when i get to the point of rebuild and stuff then i can really throw some power at the motor heres the link
clicky
but the rest of the parts would be this
-forced fabs oil feed and return kit-
-exploited racings external dump manifold-
- rc 440cc injectors-
-emange with all the works-
-turbo xs rfl bov-
-tial 38mm wastegate-
-3 in turbo back exhaust-
-62mm tb with matchin intake manifold-
-2.5 intercooler piping with johnny race cars 6 inch black intercooler-
-3 inch highflow cat-
- gauges will be egt, boost, wideband o2-
-secret cams-
-arp head studs-
i will be running like 6 to 8 psi till i rebuild the head and motor. Im looking into 2.3 oil pump conversion still since we all know the stock one isnt the greats thing since sliced bread, 20 over 9.5.1 pistons with rods. if im missing anything that i didnt list please leme know or just give me ideas thanks

J-Bo driver once again.......

16... 15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10... 9...
]

Re: what do u think about this
Saturday, July 23, 2005 7:16 PM
oh yea just thought about this spec stage 3 clutch

]
Sunday, July 24, 2005 11:30 PM
no one can help me out? plz i really need to know about the turbo

]
Sunday, July 24, 2005 11:41 PM
i think that turbo is too large

how far do you really think you'll be pushing that turbo as far as efficiency?

i mean if you're fully forging your engine and don't really care for spool I guess it would work good

if you can find me a compressor map I can give you a better opinion, but i'd say that turbo is a bit too large

Monday, July 25, 2005 12:12 AM
... how is that too big?

.48 A/R... looking at the two housings it looks like they're saying both housings are .48 a/r.... a 50 trim turbo with a stage 3 turbine isn't really that big at all.

PJ - not to really question you persay but can you explain why it's too big?

I'll explain why I don't think it's too big: plenty of members are running larger turbo's than that with good spool and great efficiency... I've never heard of a "super 50" trim, but if it's a 50 trim compressor than that's not too big as far as T3 wheels go. And a stage 3 wheel will help it with spool... and .48 for an A/R in MY OPINION is too small for any LD9 setup, be it on the compressor or turbine side.

As stated, a compressor map would help GREATLY right now... but I don't see why that turbo based off just those #'s would be too big. It would have a very quick spool, and great response... my only worry would be the breathing up top at a mildly high PSI... (this is where the compressor map comes in).

That's my opinion.

And if you think that turbo is big - check my registry.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, July 25, 2005 2:06 AM
what about this turbo this was going to be my second choice. turbo heres my second choice which is 57 trim and .63 a/r ratio. would that be to big? the turbo system wont be going in till i get the motor rebuilt with the 2.3 oil pump. cause im looking into some serious power for next summer

]
Monday, July 25, 2005 4:47 AM
The first one you posted is the current one that I will be running once my engine build is complete

Monday, July 25, 2005 6:45 AM
Don't buy for turbo calculator...........its a scam!!!!

<a href="http://www.j-body.org/members/purplhaze">My registry</a>
Monday, July 25, 2005 7:19 PM
hmmm sunfighter,

now that you called me out I really can't justify why the turbo is too large lol...

I def need a comp map to really see how it will match the flow characters

I don't really think a T4 exhaust section is necessary tho unless you do plan on taking the turbo to its limit of 500hp. You could save a lil money by getting a slightly smaller turbo

but if you do plan on taking it all the way up (like I know LowFire is doing), then I think he'll be happier.

Monday, July 25, 2005 7:21 PM
Pssssst, PJ

Thats a T3/T04E hybrid

the turbine section is the T3

compressor is T04E

Monday, July 25, 2005 7:38 PM
Is turbo calculator a scam? damn that sucks, was going to buy from them, but I can't decide wether I should go ball bearing or not, and what size either even with the damn maps in front of me.

22 miles per gallon and dropping fast...

Monday, July 25, 2005 7:41 PM
thats my exact turbo I think

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, July 25, 2005 7:51 PM
The size of your turbo should be based on how much hp you want to make as well as how you plan to use it. You compressor should be based off oh how much peak power you want and the turbine should be based off of how fast you want the turbo to spool vs how soon you want your power to peak in the rpm band.

A smaller .48 turbine will give you a faster spool than a .63 but a .63 turbine will be able to yield higher top end power than a .48.

As far as selecting a compressor, just figure how much peak power you plan to make and select one closest to that capability giving you're self a little room to stay within the efficiency range.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, July 25, 2005 11:55 PM
i no what ur forgeting, a good tune when ur done! at least 500 dollars. and with a t3/t4 running 8psi, ur boarder line to kabomb! hope u have a good tune. it can make or break you!
Saturday, August 06, 2005 5:15 PM
yea i just relized that. I went camping and stuff like that and i was doing a lot of reading up on different turbos. I probably gonna run a lil lower boost until rebuild since its my only car at the moment. but yea if thats the same turbo qbe is running then its gotta be decent cause ive heard great things about his car

]
Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:54 PM
i was just up at the performance shop that works for hondas and acuras and stuff like that and i talked to the guys that work with turbos and stuff they mentioned to me about using a hahn racecraft super 16g turbo. After thinking about it it wouldnt be a bad idea since it does wonders for the ecotec guys. What does everyone think about that sugestion for me.

]
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search