rsm stage I supercharger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rsm stage I supercharger
Monday, July 25, 2005 3:50 PM
i'm am planning on putting in an rsm stage I supercharger kit in my 03 ecotec cavi and i want to know if this supercharger is any good. more specifically, can i run it safely on my engine at about 6psi without completely blowing it apart? furthermore, is it a reliable kit and are those of you who are running it completely happy? and one more thing, do larger fuel injectors come with the kit or are they not required? if they are and don't come with the kit, what are some options? thanks alot.

Blown.

Re: rsm stage I supercharger
Monday, July 25, 2005 3:55 PM
and one more thing, would it be my best bet to wait for the gm supercharger kit, would that kit be similar/put up similar numbers? do you guys think it'd be more reliable? i know there have been many threads, but i have to decide if i should buy now or wait for the (possibly better?) gm kit.

Blown.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 7:48 PM
i have it and im quite happy with it, i have issues with just about everything else in the car right now once i get those fixed ill show what it can really do

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:42 PM
yeah 6psi is pretty safe on a eco

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:28 AM
if and when gm puts out their s/c it will be more reliable roots are very good setups
go with the higher stage tho get all the fuel mods and whatnot

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 12:30 PM
unfortunately, i have an automatic and it doesn't look like they make the stage II kit for autos (the car was a gift, so i'm not complaining). but its good to hear that the stage I is good. i was told that the fmu will handle all fuel adjustments and that i don't need larger injectors. you guys agree?

Blown.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 1:10 PM
dont use the fmu use the reflash they can do on your computer and you will be fine

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:07 PM
Go with the stage one kit. I have it on my 04 Sunfire GT with auto. The RSM kit is very well made comes complete no need to go looking for other parts plus they are great guys that really know there stuff.No need for any fuel mods the reflash RSM will do keeps every thing safe under boost. But you will have to get used to other drivers asking hey man what you got in that thing? Unlike the Eaton unit you can hear the Vortech whine. I like that and I love the way the car sounds and flat out hauls.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:47 PM
everyone still thinks its a turbo though, i just smile

Thursday, July 28, 2005 9:22 AM
Same here. Especially at a light.

People always ask "what's under the hood?" LOL

Thursday, July 28, 2005 9:49 AM
yes they do sound awesome.... i am a prould owner of a stage 1 kit,,, but i am here to make you an offer "Filip"... i am wanting to get rid of mine. the only reason i am getting rid of it is because i want more power and im going for a turbo setup...."T3" my vortech on my car now runs a steady 7 to 8 lbs. at about 6000 rpm.... this is awesome for you cause i have everything for the setup you would want right now. i really did my homework with all my stuff. i have the full kit which includes oil feed and return lines, charger, all brackets, fmu, inline fuel pump, and RC Engineering 370cc injectors.... i have the fuel pressure set at 38 psi at idle right now and its running betweet 11.5 and 12:1 according to my innovative wideband. the car went a 14.4 last year at 95mph. but like i said, i spent over 6,000 dollars rebuilding my engine last winter and i have fully forged internals now therefor i want to boost it around 15 psi... this setup will be going for a REALLY good price.... the injectors alone were 400 dollars and i have about 2000 miles on them. if you or anyone else is interested, email me at my email....
madcavy_z24@yahoo.com

Thursday, July 28, 2005 1:13 PM
i'm new to the world of boost, but not cars, don't get me wrong, but what's this 'reflash' you guys are talking about? and this 'used' rsm stage I kit sounds tempting. sounds alot better than trying to save up $3500.

Blown.
Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:45 PM
sorry, no edit button, but another thing...will this used kit fit my 03 ecotec cavi? i mean, its a different engine, so i'm wondering if rsm makes it to fit numerous different j-bod engines.

Blown.
Thursday, July 28, 2005 9:38 PM
eco is an eco they reflash the pcm to dump more fuel

Friday, July 29, 2005 1:02 PM
so with the reflash, a new fmu isn't a necessity. but i'm going to work with my mechanic to install the kit. haven't talked to him yet about a reflash but can it be done with him?

Blown.
Friday, July 29, 2005 11:14 PM
no
only rsm can do the reflash

Saturday, July 30, 2005 10:14 AM
so it looks as if i'll have to mail my pcm to rsm and they'll reflash it for me. but if that doesn't work out, meaning if i prefer not to send them my pcm, would the fmu work just as well?

Blown.
Saturday, July 30, 2005 10:18 AM
I believe that there might be one or two people on here that have done the GM eco reflash on the RSM charger. Gotta head out to work so can't search right now but someone on here can prob verify that for me.

Rich
Saturday, July 30, 2005 10:57 AM
I used the gm reflash with my rsm blower, but I have the 2.4 twin cam, not the eco.........

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816505
Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:59 AM
so anyone on jbod ever use the gm reflash with the rsm s/c? and also, if i can't get the reflash done, is the fmu from rsm a good alternative?

Blown.
Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:24 PM
fmu is a cheap way to go about things but works.....not the best but it does work. if you can afford some type of fuel setup such as an e-manage or SAFC-2 then go that route but if not, it does work.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:56 PM
the gm reflash for the eco isnt out yet

so only with rsm for the eco reflash

Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:36 PM
since there aren't too many of you jumping at the fmu idea, then i'm gonna say that i'm thinking about going with an apexi safc II unit for fuel management. but its not cheap, so i'm thinking possibly keeping the fmu until i can get my hands on the safc II. but i've never installed anything like that before, like i said, boost is new to me, but i'm always ready to learn. i would like to think that my mechanic and i can figure it out and put the unit in...??

Blown.
Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:59 PM
pcm reflash is way more effective than the fmu

Monday, August 01, 2005 5:33 AM
go with rsm's reflash its 350 bucks....... including shipping over night back to you..... all in all when i did it it was a 3 day turn around while i installed the supercharger

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search