LD9 turbo build !pics! finially - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9 turbo build !pics! finially
Friday, July 22, 2005 12:59 PM

Clevite bearings, copper head gasket, lifters, timing chain, water pump, ARP main and head bolts, etc etc etc.

Not pictured: Eagle H-Beams, Wiseco 8.5:1 pistons, other random stuff

Got the cams to go with it (secret cams)

Ported and slight polish, needs the stainless steel valves and upgraded springs installed still. Need to finish polishing too...

EXPLOITED RACING TURBO MANIFOLD

Ordered it on a saturday, was shipped on wednesday, arrived on Thursday of following week. Yea exploited sure took 7 months NOT took two weeks and all I can say is THIS MANIFOLD IS FREAKING AWESOME the welds are perfect, the guage of stainless is unbelieveable, all I can say it that it puts my previous manifold to shame. I would have waited 4 months for this manifold over another one of my old ones...

anyways hopefully I will be running in the next month or two, gotta still buy the megasquirt and figure out what size turbo to go with. Any suggestions are welcome, I want a T04E but am unsure of trim, dunno if I should go ball bearing or not, the price is very high. Anyways more to come!

22 miles per gallon and dropping fast...

Re: LD9 turbo build !pics! finially
Friday, July 22, 2005 1:02 PM
looks sweet...now put it together and get some more pics

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, July 22, 2005 1:05 PM
Quote:

I want a T04E but am unsure of trim, dunno if I should go ball bearing or not, the price is very high. Anyways more to come!

Whatever turbo you get, it'll have to have the T3 exhaust flange...

Looks good, can't wait to see it finished.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, July 23, 2005 1:21 AM
alot of nice parts........ looks like my spair room......

I've also got the ARP main and head studs, P&P head, some hybrid cams, HO intake, Eagle rods, Wiseco +.040"/9.5:1 pistons, Clevite main and rod bearings, 2.3 oil pump, felpro engine gasket kit........ just need my Cometic head gasket, and a new turbo manifold/header.......

Looks like you got yourself a nice manifold too.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, July 23, 2005 10:44 PM
Yea I love that manifold, some people (including me a little bit) were suprised that it came in the same month I ordered it, but all I can say is it puts my last mani to shame in all ways except maybe weight, ahh well I will just go on a diet to make up for it.

I keep debating if I want to take the balance shafts out or not, every time I drive an old HO quad I think how much I like them though, those things vibrate worse than a fat chicks... umm... lawnmower yea. but I still have some time to decide.

22 miles per gallon and dropping fast...
Sunday, July 24, 2005 12:09 PM
I've driven a few Quads, and they've never bothered me. To be honest, I cant even say I notice a difference, other then the HP output. (cant remember driving a 2.4 w/o motor mounts though)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, July 24, 2005 11:28 PM
That manifold is for sure kickin! Sorry to others still waiting im finishing up the others right now and hope to ship this week! I cant really screw up anymore with orders because of how my new credit card company is. I screw up once, and im kicked out.. and it was VERY VERY hard to find a company like the one im using that works with my bank and my website layout.

-----------------------------------
www.exploitedracing.com
-----------------------------------
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search