GM supercharger for 2.2L ecotec - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM supercharger for 2.2L ecotec
Saturday, July 23, 2005 10:15 PM
Does anybody have the gm supercharger installed on their 03, 04, or 05 cavalier? Can you feel a difference at low end or high end speed? How much horsepower do you gain from this supercharger? I would like real dynonumbers from you j-body guys. How much is this kit running for? Has anybody had any problems with it? Has anybody raced with this kit? How does the supercharger sound when you rev the engine? Is it true that I won't be able to run 91 octane without putting an additive to raise it to 93? I only want replies from you j-body guys or girls who have this supercharger kit from gm for your 03, 04, or 05 cavalier. I have a 2003 blue 4 door cavalier with an automatic transmission and an AEM cold air intake as my only upgrade.

Re: GM supercharger for 2.2L ecotec
Saturday, July 23, 2005 11:31 PM
Many many posts about this already....

It's been done but the kit is not out from GM and probably won't be for a while it seems.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Sunday, July 24, 2005 3:26 AM
Airtonics wrote:Many many posts about this already....

It's been done but the kit is not out from GM and probably won't be for a while it seems.

At the bash I talked to the guys from GM and they said a couple more months before it's released. They are just getting approvals for emissions (more than likely California is the problem). Sorry no dyno #s for you...

As far as power wise, unlike what other people think it will be like...mostly negative comments...I believe it will be a great kit for the 2.2 ECOTECs.

Now if you didn't know, it's the same charger as the 2.0 ECOTEC (ones in the Cobalt SS and Redlines) but differences in how it fits on the motor. I'm not fully sure what octane they are running on the 2.0s but 91should be ok but 93 would be best.

Save your cash up and buy that bad boy when it comes out!

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, July 24, 2005 2:45 PM
yeah it shouldnt be too much longer. they had one on display at the bash. part # 17800003 or something like that.

Sunday, July 24, 2005 2:48 PM
GM PART # 17800003
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $3,388.00
OUR PRICE: $2,845.92
DESCRIPTION: SPCHG PKG

got this from gmpartsdirect.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search