EGT's and Reflash - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EGT's and Reflash
Friday, July 22, 2005 8:16 PM
Installed the EGT gauge today.

Pegging out 1600 degree's at 9 psi, with 42 pound injectors, SAFC2 pulling 24% fuel at WOT. 2.5 turbo back to a flowmaster 40 series.

What is everybody else's EGT's driving, ect.

O noes!

Re: EGT's and Reflash
Saturday, July 23, 2005 1:08 AM
yep, same here...... with the 320's and 7-8psi, I would be 1500-1600..... on the 15psi, pegged 1600 (as far as the gauge went)

The reflash retards the timing so much, that you get a flame front going threw the exhaust manifold....... works nice to spool the turbo faster, but might not be the best for the valves in the long run....... idk.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, October 10, 2005 10:08 PM
smokey, how you like that 3 inch with the 40 series? loud as fawk? Annoying? Or just plain cool? curious cause I am doin the same with my exhaust.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
Thursday, October 13, 2005 4:38 PM
I've got the 2.5 inch. It's actually really decent. The open dump on the wastegate on the other hand..... .

O noes!
Thursday, October 13, 2005 6:54 PM
i see high egts as well on my car, hopefully when i get the emanage hooked up i can up the timing and bring those egts down some, and the open dump....omg mine is to loud im putting it back in the exhaust

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:48 AM
1600 is WAY too high

definetly address that issue or else you're going to do some major damage

my roommate rich's turbo ecotec rarely sees 1400 and this is only SPIKES so something is definetly awry... he's boosting uh a lil more than you are (I can't disclose at the time hehehe..inside joke)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search