BAD NEWS (THIS HURTS)!!!1 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BAD NEWS (THIS HURTS)!!!1
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:08 AM
just got off the phone with hahn racecraft since my car is automatic they said they cant tiurbo it and since the tranny cant take tourge dont turbo my car he said or itll blow anyone here have an turbo auto ecotec??? plese help ima go cry now

Re: BAD NEWS (THIS HURTS)!!!1
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:18 AM
Uh. That's ridiculous.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:18 AM
r u drunk?

Portage, MI
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:22 AM
this is a joke right?

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:33 AM
don't know about that one!

**changes are here**

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:36 AM
Hahn hates auto's. There are many turbo auto's though, so I wouldn't worry about it. If Hahn doesn't want the auto people's business, then give it to Cavalier Connection

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:52 AM
just go with another kit. There are many turbo autos that havent had problems. Correct me if Im wrong but I thought the autos were stronger than manuals
Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:20 PM
he's BSing you about the reasoning. it's sad that such a business won't even give you a straight answer that they just don't liek autos.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:40 PM
its not that bill doesnt like autos...hes had bad ones. every time he tried to turbo an auto 2.4 it destroyed the torque converter. it would slip itself to death at anything but no throttle or full throttle.

personally i think if you want the kit buy it, fab up a new IC to TB pipe, and see if it works. id suggest a new torque converter anyways (higher stall) so you can solve that issue right there.

hell ill even sell you the kit ...possibly at a discount if my boss will let me just so we can have the new pipe on file.cause ive had so many people ask about the kit on autos and i really wanna sell to them too i think an eco auto turbo could be deadly to lots of other cars...especially if done right

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:13 PM
hey ok email me at paulwalker67@aol.com
Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:21 PM
no i m not drunk that was the night of the exhaust question sorry

Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:22 PM
You should be happy they have the class upfront to tell you that the kit wont work on an auto, most companies just want to make a sale. Thumbs up for Hahn!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:38 PM
I know there is a 4 door Eco here in the STL area that has the Hahn kit.....I have talked to the guys at the shop that installed it.....They have had nothing but problems with it....They said the car has been back to Hahn a few times too and there are still problems....I personally think the Hahn kits kick @ss, but I have seen the issues with this local car.....Atleast they told you the truth and didnt try to take your money.....Thats hard to find a company these days that does business the right way....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:12 PM
i have a supercharged auto Z24, same transmission you have. 10,000 miles so far, no transmission problems what so ever.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:28 PM
hypsy wrote:its not that bill doesnt like autos...hes had bad ones. every time he tried to turbo an auto 2.4 it destroyed the torque converter. it would slip itself to death at anything but no throttle or full throttle.

personally i think if you want the kit buy it, fab up a new IC to TB pipe, and see if it works. id suggest a new torque converter anyways (higher stall) so you can solve that issue right there.

No one has torque converter problems. A higher stall won't solve any slipping problems. They probably just don't want to redesign a new downpipe to fit an auto so they're making up excuses.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:42 PM
dude...thats so BS.

i know bill...talked with him in person in great detail before i bought my kit from him. bill is anything but lazy...talkative, hyper, eager to play with cars? YES lazy? HELL NO! if all it took was a new downpipe the kit would be done and selling.

still cant find a local to install the kit so we can get the new pipes the kit would need though. thats all we need now.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:07 PM
My 01 pt cruiser has a hahn stage II kit on it... and its an auto. In fact, it was previously owned by Hahn Racecraft (thats what the title said as the previous owner when I bought it). I called them up and they told me Bill installed it himself. Pretty cool...
Friday, July 22, 2005 4:57 PM
Word of advice........find the biggest tranny fluid cooler possible.
Friday, July 22, 2005 7:54 PM
Just got a tranny flush on it and actually it was normal color too. The PT has 49k miles on it and were gonna sell it soon anyways... going to get something smaller than it. Tranny is holding up quite well... it has to do with how you drive it too. I'm not always boosting that thing.
Friday, July 22, 2005 9:31 PM
i cant see why there kit would tear up a transmission and other turbo kits dont... it dont make sense... i want the kit but like they said above.. if they dont want the business.. give it to someone who wants to sell auto kits.. sorry hahn but u lost my business

here comes the boost!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search