3 j bodys have lower a/f with a/c running WTF - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3 j bodys have lower a/f with a/c running WTF
Monday, July 18, 2005 7:56 PM
OK, a while back, i was tuning a friends car and we hooked a wide band up to it. the a/f was 13.5 being 90 degrees outside, we turned the a/c on and the a/f dropped to 12.5. i got back to my place and tried it out on my car (different wideband) and the same thing happened. i got a .7 lower a/f ratio with the a/c running. SO a few days later, another friend of mine tried the same thing. he never noticed it but it did the exact same thing. got a .8 lower a/f ratio with the air conditioner running.
im guessing that the a/c kicks more fuel to the motor because it bogs the engine down so much. what do you guys think???

Re: 3 j bodys have lower a/f with a/c running WT
Monday, July 18, 2005 8:36 PM
All I know is that when I used to drive a Cav 2200 you could feel the A/C slow the engine down EVEN more, if thats possible.

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Monday, July 18, 2005 9:15 PM
the compuer has to adjust for the load of the a/c , so the pcm riching up the mixture , sounds about right

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:43 PM
its like tuning with your hvac knobs

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:55 PM
the engine has more strain on it so even with the minute gain in AFR its still going to make less power

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:59 AM
that would be exactly my response. the load from the a/c on is causing the PCM to adjust the mixture. so in this case looks like you have 2 options: 1, turn the a/c off, or 2, turn up the boost if your a/c is on.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search