Fuel Controller - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel Controller
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:34 PM
Hey, this is Adam from the CavalierConnection.com. I recently tested out a "piggy-back" system made by Split Second called the FTC1 (Fuel Timing Controller 1) on our turbo 2200 cavalier. It comes equipped with a built in 2.5 bar map sensor that replaces the original and has the ability to adjust fuel and timing based on vacuum/boost & RPMs. The setup works great but I would also like to test the Greddy and SAFC2 to see which of the three I would like the most.

I have a few questions about the Greddy and SAFC2. When sensing boost, some stock MAP sensors send a >5 volt signal to the ECU in which it cannot handle and sets off the MIL. Do the other systems require a 2 bar MAP, and if so, how does the stock ECU handle the different signal? If they work with the stock MAP, how to they sense boost? I am not interested in having to rely on a dealership to re-flash the ECU, so I’m hoping that is not required. Any help would be appreciated because I plan on testing another system on our 2.4 turbo car ASAP.

Re: Fuel Controller
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:43 PM
best way is to keep the stock map hooked up or send back a certain voltage to the pcm to keep it happy and then add the aftermarket map for the unit

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, July 07, 2005 11:33 AM
its awesome to see you guys doin R&D on some good fuel/timing setups, not many other companies do. just thought id say that. but i got a question. with that piggyback how far off stock can you go? their website is dreadful about info. i know the emanage has limits which is why i dont really like it.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, July 07, 2005 11:57 AM
Well a SAFC does not sense boost. You canm make adjustments base on RPM. It is good to use a SAFC with a FMU. Aloow the FMU to supply fuel based on boost and use the SAFC to fine tune in what ever RPM you need adjustments.

As for the Emange there is a harness to add a Map sensor so it can read boost. Still use the stock map for the stock ECU.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search