Xtreme Boost? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Xtreme Boost?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:31 AM
I saw a few days ago a 95 mitsubishi eclipse, when i first saw it it was a POS but when the guy popped the hood i noticed the biggest turbo or turbine i have ever seen!
i asked him about it and he told me that the turbine is actually from a diesel truck...a SEMI TRUCK like the ones that have like 16 tires in total! i was like ?!!??!!?

is there a posibility for an 03 eco to be able to get that type of turbo or would the engine melt?
another thing i noticed is that he is also is that he is a member for the 100MPH and the 200 MPH (miles per hour) club...basically meaning he has done 200mph+ at the 1/4 mile...

can that be done to an ECO????????

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked."

Re: Xtreme Boost?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:43 AM
yes and yes.... is it cheap?....... no.

Cardomain|Myspace

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:48 AM
LGO my eggo (Josh Roberts) wrote:yes and yes.... is it cheap?....... no.

Let me add to this....

Is it worth it?.......... no.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:07 PM
i doubt he did 200+ in the quarter. thats a mid single digit run. hard to do without a lot of chassis work....considering they wouldnt let him near the track without a cage and chute at that speed. maybe on the highway he did 200 over a 4-5 mile stretch.....

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:11 PM
Chances are the "semi truck" that this turbo was out of was the turbo from those ugly, flat faced Mitsubishi Fuso, Fugo... or something like that. Its like a dorky looking u-haul truck, not a semi by any means. One of my buddies was going to attempt this in his 95 GSX and gave up on it. Supposedly it will "swap" in.

And I agree with those guys^^^......I love my Eco but damn...if you are going to spend enough to make your car go that fast, why not just buy a real sports car?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:32 PM
well the thing is tho...this guy made MAJOR improvements to this eclipse...the also had a direct port of nitros...im not sure how big was the shot...but he had that also...and i guess i should have told you guys that this is a racing car...but he uses it on a daily commute...its crazy...i think its a complete sleeper because the body is a POS like you would not belive...
but i dont wanna do that much work on a cavi...personally i dont think its worth the time and/or money...id rather get me a V10 followed by a Zonda
i was just amazed that the guy had so much into this car...he told me he spend about 12-15 K on the engine alone...i personally think its just sick what he did with it...
but its his mojo...and his money...he is definetly one fast mofo....

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:38 PM
Pics?

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:56 PM
you want pics of the zonda???

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:58 PM
T4 thats the biggest turbo you would be able to use effectively

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 4:03 PM
those 100mph and 200 mph stickers are usually land speedbaners , for racing at el mirage and bonniville , for land speed records

each 1 is what tells the tech guys he is certified to go safely , kinda like a drivers test for lack of better diffenition

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search