Turbo install questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo install questions
Monday, July 04, 2005 8:02 AM
Ive been installing a custom t3 setup on my eco for the last 3 days. Its goin pretty good. Hopefully ill be done next weekend.

When I wired in the ford red tops I put the wires same as stock (solid pink on the drivers side) just wasnt to double check that. Whats a good idle pressure for these injectors 35 40psi?

On my tial wastegate, do I hook the bottom fitting to the compressor and leave the top empty? Is it legal to have an open wastegate dump?

Will the walboro pump fill the cup itself. I didnt fill the cup when I put the pump back in. I turned the key a couple times to prime it and when I checked the test port alot of air came out. Do I just need to prime some more. It probally dosent help that i have like 1/16th of a tank.

Which line should I tap for the tranny cooler. The one coming out of the top of the radiator or bottom.

There is no room for a big air filter. What can I clamp over the compresser inlet to act as an air fliter.

Install is going pretty good so far. Intercooler pipes were a piece of cake. And I still have my battery in the front and A/C. Biggest setback was breaking a tap off in my t3 flange. I forgot to take pictures, but I should have some next week. Any tips/advice appericated.

Re: Turbo install questions
Monday, July 04, 2005 9:04 AM
Yea you should take some pics, Im thinking of doing the same thing to my ion, just want to see some pics and read up on it. Did you do a home made kit?

Read, then process the info, think logically, than if you don't have a headache afterwards, post your response
Monday, July 04, 2005 10:11 AM
clamp some screen over your compressor inlet with a hose clamp. it's enough to keep most crap out of it, just don't get in boost on gravel or other dusty areas.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, July 04, 2005 5:43 PM
i have my ford red tops on my eco set around 32 ish fuel pressure..it idles good like stock but when driving and let in the clutch on de-accelerating the RPM's tend to dip in the 500 range for a sec but then come back up to around 900. only does that once in a while...barely notice it.

As for a air filter i went to the K&N site and look through all there 2.5 inlet filters and found a small size that will fit in the back there with a combination of a 90 degree 2.5 inch pipe coming off the compressor to the small filter. Fits good. You deff. have room to fiddle around back there with a filter.
Monday, July 04, 2005 6:13 PM
What about the wires on the injectors?

There is really no room for a 90* off the compressor inlet. I had to mount my external wastgate on that side and didnt leave much room. And there is a hard AC line right in front of the compressor inlet.

Quote:

Yea you should take some pics, Im thinking of doing the same thing to my ion, just want to see some pics and read up on it. Did you do a home made kit?

My kit is totally custom. It just requires alot of patience but is pretty fun if you like workin on your car and stuff. My car isnt running so Im not sure if you want to take my advice yet.

Ill get pics on friday. The hobby shop on our base is only open on the weekends so my car is locked up until then. I dont know if the ion is set up the same as a sunfire but intercooler pipes are pretty straight foreward. All I used was 4 2.25 mandrel U bends and like 2 feet of straight pipe. The biggest pain was installing the stupid walboro pump. If I had to do it again I would use an inline pump.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search