Just giving an update of whats new for me... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just giving an update of whats new for me...
Friday, July 01, 2005 10:24 PM
Well, been very busy lately. Got the turbo setup onto the new Z. Working Ok so far, having some issues yet.

Currently, I'm using Ford Green top injectors (42 lbs!) together with the reflash, 2 Bar MAP, and the SAFC2. The car idles like a charm, on stock fuel pressure! Also gets the same MPG as before, if I stay out of the boost.

Here's my issues so far. On the 1300 mile trip from WI to TX with it, the O2 wires melted together, sending massive amounts of fuel into the engine. Move the wires after cutting them apart, and its running good again. I have a very **tiny** exhaust leak from the wastegate, need to tighten the bottom bolt on it. Exhaust is rubbing the heat sheild a little too, just need to get the BFH under there to fix that .

The main problem I'm having is a massive boost leak. I'm thinking its my BOV, that the spring is all wacked out. I'm going to do the redneck thing, and tape it off and see if that will help the boost problem. Otherwise, I am at a loss. I have silicone connectors and T-bolt clamps, so it shouldn't be from my intercooler connections. My welding was done by a very good welder, and they were all double checked. Only other thing I can think of would be the turbo, but it was in perfect condition when it was last used, and wasn't touched since then.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Brian (SpeedRacerZ) for hooking me up with my reflash, and putting up with my stupid questions throughout the years. I'd also like to thank Luke (Lash(get it? Luke+Ashely=Lash!)) for giving me a good deal on my 2K beast, and for giving me the shot to get it. Also thanks to Matt for lending me some browntop injectors. They didn't work out, but he still was kind enough to let me try them.

That is all, back to your normal life.

O noes!

Re: Just giving an update of whats new for me...
Saturday, July 02, 2005 11:35 AM
how did it idle with those big injectors and just the reflash? im wondering how nice the reflash plays with bigger injectors. sounds like you got some stuff to work out but your on your way. good luck man!

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Saturday, July 02, 2005 2:12 PM
Idles rich as fudge without the SAFC2 pulling any fuel.

O noes!
Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:33 PM
how does it handle boost and such with the biggies in there?

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Sunday, July 03, 2005 7:25 AM
When it was making boost it was doing great. I'm saving up for a wideband O2 sensor, so then I can get a better tune on it.

O noes!
Sunday, July 03, 2005 7:34 PM
sweet

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search