In Middle of GM S/C install need HELP!!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
In Middle of GM S/C install need HELP!!!
Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:10 PM
I have a half-assmbled Z24 with a GM Supercharger in my garage and its worthless b/c...
I need help
I noticed the plug for the stock map is much smaller than than the Plug on the i have nowMSD one. Did Anyone else have this what did you do? or did i order the wrong one?
My Second Question has to deal with Browntop Injectors, Since the plugs for the stock injectors are so much smaller than the socket on the browntops. How in the heck do I wire these to work?
Thanks in Advance

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Re: In Middle of GM S/C install need HELP!!!
Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:10 PM
MSD-2312-1

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:14 PM
Well first off the brown tops won't work in your car without modification to the resistance. You need to wire in a resistor to bring the ohms down. Second, you need the ford injector clips. There's a guy on ebay who's selling the red-tops and will sell the clips seperately for $3 each. From ford they are $12 each. Either that or you can find some injector clips from a 96-98 2.4L, but you still need the resistor.

Next, why are you using the MSD map sensor, and not the one for the kit, in fact, why aren't you using the kit injectors as well? The MSD sensor was meant to be used with the MSD only, not the stock computer.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:21 PM
if your putting the s/c on the car in your reg , you use the 320cc injectors , and map the s/c comes with

what your doing doesnt make any sense to me man

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:28 PM
Thanks for the quick Reply
I picked the charger up used and the guy who had it before me (orangeZ) was pre oo. Back to the issue at hand
First and formost how large of an issue is soldering in this resistor and where can i find more information on that. Baring some rdicolously hard response to the first question come my second question.
About buying Ford Clips. Am i going to have to solder these in as well or do they just clips in?
And Lastly,
This MAP i have in basically Worthless?
Thanks again

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:31 PM
And actually now that i think about it
What would be easier Cavy harnesses or the Ford angle

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:34 PM
The clips are pretty easy to put on, you have to cut the old ones off, then strip the wires back and clamp the metal prongs on, then pull the metal prongs through the connector. Just remember to push the wire through the connector before clamping the prongs on. Soldering a resistor in isn't hard, unless you've never soldered before.

Yeah, your map sensor won't work with the stock ecu. If you get the gm s/c flash, then you can use the 2 bar map sensor. But unless you do that, you can't use a 2 bar.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:38 PM
I realize the re-flash part.
My question is since the stock plug is so small and the the socket on the map is so big, there is no way its looks like they are going to work together. SO is there a MAP sensor with a different socket? Or can is there a harness or somethign that apapts it?

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:40 PM
Which clips the Z ones? Or the Ford Ones?

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:57 PM
id get the gm s/c injectors and the gm map sensor

youll be better off in the long run

Sunday, July 03, 2005 7:40 PM
thanks probably will
hope part direct doesnt lag
Is it still safe to drive my car as long as i dont get into boost i have a boost guage to keep an eye on it. Only reason I ask is b/c i have to get to class this week untill the parts arrive

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Sunday, July 03, 2005 7:48 PM
go to a wrecker to get the clips for the injectors, you can find them on a ton of early 90's fords and get them for next to nothing. and while your there pick up a harness for the map sensor, one off a 2.2 or older quad 4 will work. im running the msd 2 bar map sensor with the gm reflash and it works just fine.....

Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:05 PM
sweet man you may have just saved me alot of money.
But just out of curiousity what price could 97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™) get me 4 GM KIT injectors for?

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search